• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Poor HCV sales not Reps, DMs and RDs fault....

Anonymous

Here's why. Most reps are doing poorly. They can't all be bad sales people. Managers can't all be bad managers, RDs etc. It's the expectation from senior management that's wrong. The market share forecast and expectation that VPak could establish a significant share was fundamentally wrong. If management said we expect 6-7 percent market share, and did 8-10% market share. There would be cigars and champagne at the meeting. Although VPak works it comes with baggage. So expectations need to be different. This will be a case study in business school.

<

Reps want credit when a drug sells well. They want no blame when it fails. I think all of you reps failed! Big time FAIL! The drug works just as well as Harvoni yet, you can't sell it with the ESI mandated coverage. We should have paid more to get a better field team. Too late now. We have a dead product and a pile of worthless reps. At least we can fire all of them and start over for Gen 2. Lesson learned...

Reps want credit when a drug sells well. They want no blame when it fails. I think all of you reps failed! Big time FAIL! The drug works just as well as Harvoni yet, you can't sell it with the ESI mandated coverage. We should have paid more to get a better field team. Too late now. We have a dead product and a pile of worthless reps. At least we can fire all of them and start over for Gen 2. Lesson learned...

Fire away, but here's a word of advice. If the 2nd Gen "works just as well" yet has 10 times more pills, countless more DDI's, more lab monitoring, Ribavirin, poor marketing materials, an embarrassing care model, and is disadvantaged on most managed care plans, the results will be similar.
Signed,
The pile of worthless reps

Fire away, but here's a word of advice. If the 2nd Gen "works just as well" yet has 10 times more pills, countless more DDI's, more lab monitoring, Ribavirin, poor marketing materials, an embarrassing care model, and is disadvantaged on most managed care plans, the results will be similar.
Signed,
The pile of worthless reps

Touche'! Best come back of all!

Its not the reps or managers. It's the expectation that this drug would garner the same market share as Harvoni. I know a lot tot the KOL's that were involved with the studies and advisory meeting. Mangement was told by these KOL's it would be difficult to compete with Gilead head to head. And there would be a place for VPak but at a different level than what management the set a goal. FACT! Sr. Management set expectations to high based on a crappy deal with Miller at ESI. Managed Care then oversold the ESI deal. The Executive team saw this as an opportunity to make up for lost potential revenue from Humira and other products. HIV is dying on the vine. I'm sure if you go back and review the comments from the advisory meetings the real truth is there. Hello Marketing and scientific advisory teams. most of these reps had good track record here and elsewhere. So spare me its the rep or manager it's the expectation. Change the goal change the whole demenor of the field team. Which by the way is to big.