• Tue news: Starboard wants to hold Pfizer leadership accountable. Moderna norovirus vaccine. Health insurer merger talks. Editas looks for CRISPR partner. Otsuka kidney disease trial. See more on our front page

PM PC3

Thanks for posing this question as I had the same one. Also, what is PM-PT? I cannot understand why AZ doesn't list the division or drug so that potential applicants know whether they qualify and should apply. I don't understand the secret. What is PM PC2?

Thanks for posing this question as I had the same one. Also, what is PM-PT? I cannot understand why AZ doesn't list the division or drug so that potential applicants know whether they qualify and should apply. I don't understand the secret. What is PM PC2?

Primary care 2....Astra has different levels 1,2,3,4 etc....I heard its like a pay band.... That's what I heard..... These openings will promote Crestor and brillanta.....the other pt is an overlay position

Temporary is contract. Speaking of contract, what happened to the contract reps. Why are they not simply hired on since jobs are being posted? Why would AZ hire overlay reps to sell Crestor and Symbicort if they are going generic in less than three years?

So the Crestor Overlay position is temporary.

Why would any company put a new kid out of college into a slot where they will work with people who have so much more tenue?

Does not make sense.

NO it is not a temporary/contract position! It is an Overlay position. This is a direct hire with the company! Otherwise you'd be talking to Publicis, Quintiles or Inventiv.

Never the less I do not understand what all the hiring is for when reps are selling soon-to-go-generic products!

So the Crestor Overlay position is temporary.

Why would any company put a new kid out of college into a slot where they will work with people who have so much more tenue?

Does not make sense.

Are you kidding me?! Experienced and tenured pharma reps are now taking the contract positions because nothing is out there and that is all they can get.

These positions will promote Crestor and brillanta. The whole purpose is to drive brillanta market shire because Astra has put a lot on the success of brillanta which is currently behind market forecast. The reason for the relaunch in the speciality side. Thing to keep in mind is this is not a contract it is direct hire but if brillanta doesn't do what is needed this will beta temporary job for the overlay position. Overlay will be the first to go unfortunely!,

Are you kidding me?! Experienced and tenured pharma reps are now taking the contract positions because nothing is out there and that is all they can get.

No joke

The Crestor overlay position is only open for kids out of college with no pharma experience.

Prior reps need not apply.

Never mind the fact that the overlay position is suppose to be able to work effectively with counterparts.

This is a classic example of someone in HQ making changes when he or she has no field experience.

The other Crestor reps will be trying to pull these overlay kids out of the doctors office before they impregnate the younger nurses.

Imagine the older staff knowing that some young punk who is rude to them is making twice as much money as they are?

The hits just keep on coming.

The dumbing down of the sales force continues.

Is the PSS PC1 a specialty role or a typical ambiguous primary care role? I have a scheduled interview with a DSM next week, but they've been so tight lipped about compensation I'm wondering if I should waste my time and take the half day from work?

No joke

The Crestor overlay position is only open for kids out of college with no pharma experience.

Prior reps need not apply.

Never mind the fact that the overlay position is suppose to be able to work effectively with counterparts.

This is a classic example of someone in HQ making changes when he or she has no field experience.

The other Crestor reps will be trying to pull these overlay kids out of the doctors office before they impregnate the younger nurses.

Imagine the older staff knowing that some young punk who is rude to them is making twice as much money as they are?

The hits just keep on coming.

The dumbing down of the sales force continues.

its the Amgen model. They just did same thing. Its not a dumbing down of sales force. In reality, the college newbies are moldable, like army recruits, and the job only requires ability to flip on an iPad. If you have any brains at all, its really time to move on. Let it go. The biz has changed, its no longer about a meaningful clinical dialogue. Its all about showing iPad messages, and metrics of how many times you clicked, and how many you could deliver message to, even if you're inventing it all. Once a college kid masters the ipad..they move on, or move up. Just like ad buys care only about how many people see / hear the tv commercial message, that's what this has become. Hold on if you can, try to work a buyout and move on, otherwise, this is the new normal.

its the Amgen model. They just did same thing. Its not a dumbing down of sales force. In reality, the college newbies are moldable, like army recruits, and the job only requires ability to flip on an iPad. If you have any brains at all, its really time to move on. Let it go. The biz has changed, its no longer about a meaningful clinical dialogue. Its all about showing iPad messages, and metrics of how many times you clicked, and how many you could deliver message to, even if you're inventing it all. Once a college kid masters the ipad..they move on, or move up. Just like ad buys care only about how many people see / hear the tv commercial message, that's what this has become. Hold on if you can, try to work a buyout and move on, otherwise, this is the new normal.

You sound like the idiots at headquarters who don't believe in relationship selling either.

You sound like the smart people at headquarters that got us into this mess.

You sound like the idiots at headquarters who don't believe in relationship selling either.

hey smart (and blind!) ass: I'm a tenured rep. I'm a total believer in relationship selling. Try this though: we don't sell, we PROMOTE. There is a big difference, you could drive a truck through. What does Donald Trump sell? Zero. He promotes his personal brand, his image. He business sell real estate, but he promotes. Period. Pharma reps promote. Years ago, there was More sales aspect to it with relationships. Now its just message..and food..delivery. Period. College kids can do that. Or are you to blind to see it?

This is a company with NO pipeline and no clue how to save itself. They will have to acquire another company in the next six months. So, believe me, BIG changes, these jobs are totally temporary. Do not bother to go through the trouble of coming on board as this place S U C K S!!!!! It is by far the worst pharmaceutical company to ever work for or with - a total hot mess. And, I do not care what they pay you to come here. In less than a year, they will manage to make you depressed, anxious, hopeless and unmotivated. Oh, did I say unemployed? Add that. Go work somewhere else.