• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Please tell me why I wouldn't want to work for Sun!

anonymous

Thinking of applying. After reading soe of these posts, I'm not so sure. Then again, it could be sour grapes.

Please share specifics of why I shouldn't apply.

Thanks.

<

Thinking of applying. After reading soe of these posts, I'm not so sure. Then again, it could be sour grapes.

Thanks.
Here’s why you should apply:
- you’ve been unemployed for 9+ months and have nothing else that’s ‘hot’. You need money and benefits, and you’re hoping to minimize the employment gap on you’re resume.
I’m serious- they are legitimate reasons.
That said, accept an offer but don’t stop interviewing. Sun is a stopover, not a destination.

Simply put, the reasons to not apply are too many.

Do your homework and the answer will be clear.

You should only work there if you are not offered another job.
Work there for a year or two and then leave.
The pay and benefits aren't bad.
Management is bad.
It's a job, not a career.

Thanks.
Fair question and I really don’t think there are sour grapes about Sun. What you see is for real.
It’s sketchy. But do what ya gotta do.

You should only work there if you are not offered another job.
Work there for a year or two and then leave.
The pay and benefits aren't bad.
Management is bad.
It's a job, not a career.
The problem is getting out once you’re in. It’s like a stain on your resume and getting hired elsewhere is tough.