• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

PIP for Ilumya TMs?

anonymous

Is there truth to the rumor less than 15 BIs and 5? Prescribers for Q4 you are starting Q1 on a PIP after Orlando meeting? Wtf! So tired of the finger pointing from leadership. So what if 15 plus BIs and less than “required” prescribers??Come work a day in my territory and hear what the HCPs have to say even after MSL visit! This will solidified my decision to leave if true.

<

How can Sun think of putting TMs on Pips when drug just launched mid October??
There were holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years) with offices closed and providers out, launching with a miscellaneous J-Code, countless Hub issues, MSLs exciting left and right, daily change of directions by leadership, ridiculous push to have these programs, pissing off offices with delays in getting drug where offices say screw it, TM resignations, etc., but they want to put people on Pips 5 months past drug becoming available?? Bullshit!

You just knew this was a real train wreck when Abhay talked about lay-offs before the launch of Ilumya. He knew back then that the likelihood of this drug producing the sales needed to sustain itself was highly unlikely. I mean who talk about “right sizing “ entering launch mode? The entry time of a launch is when it’s long term outcomes are established. And Ilumya established itself as a non-entity. They all know it will never make it RIGHT NOW. The question is how are they going to let the biologic team go.

You just knew this was a real train wreck when Abhay talked about lay-offs before the launch of Ilumya. He knew back then that the likelihood of this drug producing the sales needed to sustain itself was highly unlikely. I mean who talk about “right sizing “ entering launch mode? The entry time of a launch is when it’s long term outcomes are established. And Ilumya established itself as a non-entity. They all know it will never make it RIGHT NOW. The question is how are they going to let the biologic team go.

Actually Abhay stated that he didn’t want to over hire and then layoff people. He didn’t want that to negatively impact the sales force and their families. Sun isn’t the type of Big Pharma company that will let non-productive positions sit and linger. This is at best a ROI game. Simply stated, this would not be a good time for anyone to have a bad year. You won’t be around long.

HCP's feel burned. It will take months to get those who were burned to try it again. So let the PIP's fly. The HCP backlash when reps start pressure selling them will tell it all. This place isn't Abbvie. We have no "clout."

Actually Abhay stated that he didn’t want to over hire and then layoff people. He didn’t want that to negatively impact the sales force and their families. Sun isn’t the type of Big Pharma company that will let non-productive positions sit and linger. This is at best a ROI game. Simply stated, this would not be a good time for anyone to have a bad year. You won’t be around long.

Well if employment is correlated to performance, why is every single senior person at the home office still employed ?

I believe the dysfunction, low morale and finger pointing has created such a toxic culture. I think Kyle needs to have a call with the sales team and time to be transparent and address all of these rumors. It’s the respectful thing to do where people are working hard, getting chewed out by doctors, and having to go home to their families worried if they’ll have a job. I’m asking Kyle please step up and tell us what the plan is.

I believe the dysfunction, low morale and finger pointing has created such a toxic culture. I think Kyle needs to have a call with the sales team and time to be transparent and address all of these rumors. It’s the respectful thing to do where people are working hard, getting chewed out by doctors, and having to go home to their families worried if they’ll have a job. I’m asking Kyle please step up and tell us what the plan is.

My bet is that it’s not his call, and he’s in the dark. He’s on a very short leash.