Pfizer's buys Pharma / lays off 56,000

<

We could easily cut 50% or more of field sales, easily. THANK GOD AZ believes is SOV!

Finally, a voice of reason! All this crap about Obama did this, Pascal did that, Ian is a POS….facts are facts, AZ peeps. The silly SOV model was outdated 10 years ago. We've been riding a gravy train ever since. If you think I exaggerate, look up former colleagues or competitors on LinkedIn. Many of them (in my case, MOST) are doing contract sals and would give away the family pet to get right back in Sanofi, Pfizer, Merck, or wherever they came from. Where else do you have MULTIPLE "sales" people (I use that term loosely), many of whom make close to, or over $100,000 (+ free car, + bonus, +great perks) calling on the same freakin customer….and the calls last less than a minute?

Give me a break. We could cut the force by half, replace 25% of them with contract reps, and do just as well with our meds. I know this because thats what the other companies are already doing, and I know business over at Publicis Touchpoint is BOOMING!

Many of them (in my case, MOST) are doing contract sals and would give away the family pet to get right back in Sanofi, Pfizer, Merck, or wherever they came from. Where else do you have MULTIPLE "sales" people (I use that term loosely), many of whom make close to, or over $100,000 (+ free car, + bonus, +great perks) calling on the same freakin customer….and the calls last less than a minute?

I would give my husband away right now to get back into Pharma sales. I thought that leaving Pharma would be a relief even if I made less money. Boy was I wrong. I was living like a queen until I got right sized in 2011. It sucks to be working harder for much less money. I got used to it and feel like shit to even think about losing all that I had back a few years ago.