Pfizer & other Pharma rep salaries to top out at 70K in 2013 and beyond

Anonymous

Management consultant firms have found that there is no value in paying a Pharma sales rep more than $70K per year. This information comes from an internal study commissioned by Pfizer and completed by one of the major consulting companies, and shared with pharma executives at a recent industry event. This is why the pharmas are transitioning to contract sales reps so they can drive down costs. So if you are above the 70K salary threshold for 2013, you might want to look into alternate career options in the 70K and up range.

I think there were some projections for about 5 years out as to where the threshold should be but it's not gonna get much higher.

<

Lots of other technical sales jobs pay more. A hop, skip and a jump to software sales awaits after this last drop in salary from the looming pension loss. No problem.

Management consultant firms have found that there is no value in paying a Pharma sales rep more than $70K per year. This information comes from an internal study commissioned by Pfizer and completed by one of the major consulting companies, and shared with pharma executives at a recent industry event. This is why the pharmas are transitioning to contract sales reps so they can drive down costs. So if you are above the 70K salary threshold for 2013, you might want to look into alternate career options in the 70K and up range.

I think there were some projections for about 5 years out as to where the threshold should be but it's not gonna get much higher.

bullshit.

Pharma sales is NOT a tech job. You are all overpaid, glorified FedEx delivery people in suits and skirts. Nothing more.

It's getting that way, however, during my tenure I have documented increasing high prescribing physicians Rx percentage by as much as 50 to 60 % in a few instances and, when we were Wyeth selling a whole line of vaccines, I was able to convert as many as 15 major accounts to our line in one year from Connaught.

That doesn't happen due to sample delivery pal. Ironically, I was making $70K then and deserved much more so closing out the last 5 years between $140 and $150K didn't bother me a bit. I earned every penny over my career and glad to be retired.

It's getting that way, however, during my tenure I have documented increasing high prescribing physicians Rx percentage by as much as 50 to 60 % in a few instances and, when we were Wyeth selling a whole line of vaccines, I was able to convert as many as 15 major accounts to our line in one year from Connaught.

That doesn't happen due to sample delivery pal. Ironically, I was making $70K then and deserved much more so closing out the last 5 years between $140 and $150K didn't bother me a bit. I earned every penny over my career and glad to be retired.

I make $45k and happy to have it. My kids will not go to college, but what good did it do me? I do get free coffee and buns.

I make $45k and happy to have it. My kids will not go to college, but what good did it do me? I do get free coffee and buns.

You are better off not sending your kids too college, it easily the most over-valued "investment" on the market today.

I know many married couples that make much less than you, and have a nice home, great kids, and lots of money.

Good luck.

Not true at all. The right college degree can be lucrative but it has to be the right one. No college degree means minimum wage for most people in today's world.

You are right, if it is for a program that is a niche market opportunity.

But, IN GENERAL, going to college today is a big waste. You are better off developing a trade, such a welding or even massage therapy.

The gig is up for the college scam, because these corporate jobs (even the ones that pay good) are terrible jobs, jobs where people are treated like 1st graders too.

Maybe you like to be treated that way?

Pfizer paid the "consulting firm" $10 billion to do the study.

At $70K, most reps are stay overpaid.