• Wed news: Medicare $2 generics. Biogen’s high-dose Spinraza. Roche breast cancer trial. Lilly’s unique AI deal. Sage Alzheimer’s fail. See more on our front page

P4 info?

Anonymous

Anyone heard anything about the fate of P4? I'll take anything, facts, rumors, thoughts?!?! They have left us completely in the dark! I was laid off with my previous company so, I'm not in complete denial of what is to come with this industry. However, being on this contract has totally made this very difficult for me to discern!

Do the p4s have to work on the day of the call? This is my first time going through this on this contract and don't know what the policy is. Thank you for your answer and info you will share. I have only been on board for a short while and this is shocking.

Probably not. You usually just sit and wait for the call. That's been my experience. You will probably get more direction from ur direct manager before "The Big Day"! I'm P4 Cluster 1 and I've heard we are safe and heard we are gone...both extremes! Being on this contract for me is different from my past experiences!

Do the p4s have to work on the day of the call? This is my first time going through this on this contract and don't know what the policy is. Thank you for your answer and info you will share. I have only been on board for a short while and this is shocking.

When I was on the P4 contract and there was the phone call, my manager wanted me to wait at home for the call. Even though I was laid off, she wanted us to work until the end of the contract, including that day. I don't know how your manager will be. Needless to say, I was upset that day so I made some calls that didn't require alot of driving or detailing. They picked up my things before the end, so I didn't have to be in the field the last week. Even if contract continues, the rollercoaster will continue for Publicis, as well as Pfizer, since Celebrex goes generic in a year or so.

After being laid off, I was specifically instructed to NOT return to the field. Which makes sense, really … the last thing any company would want is disgruntled displaced employees out in the field!

Has any of the Pfizer friends heared the fate of P4 for sure? One time I hear that it is Bag 2 only being affected then the net time I hear it is ALL of us. We, too, are trying to pay the bills just like everyone else and need this job.