OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma pleads guilty in criminal case

How many Billions of dollars did they make, the whole while knowing they were guilty as hell. Only because the family members won't be charged criminally individually did they offer these guilty pleas.

The entire Sackler family should be locked up for the remainder of their lives. Alas, the big money lawyers worked once again to keep their clients out of jail.

Makes me sick. Disgusting family!!!!

How many Billions of dollars did they make, the whole while knowing they were guilty as hell. Only because the family members won't be charged criminally individually did they offer these guilty pleas.

The entire Sackler family should be locked up for the remainder of their lives. Alas, the big money lawyers worked once again to keep their clients out of jai

Why should they be locked up?

The entire Sackler family should be locked up for the remainder of their lives. Alas, the big money lawyers worked once again to keep their clients out of jail.

Has the government actually agreed not to prosecute the family members individually? I hope they haven't.

If not, this might turn into something similar to the college admissions scandal where everything catches up with them at once. Tho noone died in the admissions scandal.

Ever hear of Personal Responsibility? People should stop blaming others for their problems and issues. I bet you believe their owed something too.

Was it personal responsibility when they touted Oxycontin as "less prone to abuse" for decades? This lead many well-intentioned doctors to prescribe Oxy to patients who, otherwise, would not have received it.

"They" are Purdue Pharma. However, Jonathan Sackler has admitted in depositions he and the company board members all knew as early as 1998 that the abuse of Oxycontin was just as abuse prone as other opioids.

Is this the kind of Personal Responsibility you're referring to?