• Tue news: Starboard wants to hold Pfizer leadership accountable. Moderna norovirus vaccine. Health insurer merger talks. Editas looks for CRISPR partner. Otsuka kidney disease trial. See more on our front page

Once again AZ screws with insurance

Anonymous

Looks like all AZ spouses with retirement coverage have been dropped from RX benefits, they have been set up under a different account with express scripts, no notice, no notification. Thanks again AZ for the heads up in advance, this company is truly unbelievable it never stops.

Looks like all AZ spouses with retirement coverage have been dropped from RX benefits, they have been set up under a different account with express scripts, no notice, no notification. Thanks again AZ for the heads up in advance, this company is truly unbelievable it never stops.

AZ retiree here. Just filled a new RX for my wife last week. Went right through on Medco with no problems. Where did you get this information?

AZ retiree here. Just filled a new RX for my wife last week. Went right through on Medco with no problems. Where did you get this information?

Thanks for the heads up. Things slip through the cracks with such a big important and powerful organization as AZ.

We'll make sure this doesn't happen again, even for a $.50 generic Rx, because we care. (About money.)

It was effective july 25 th for the people that had the change[/QUOTE
What the fuck are you talking about? What change? I know that AZ doesn't give a shit about its current employees so what are the odds they would look our for our interests, but this would be a bit on the illegal side to make these changes without notification.

Wife went to refill an rx at drugstore, pharmacist said insurance denied she was no longer covered. Called express scripts, they said she was no longer active on my account, then she checked under her name and said she has been set up under a different account separate card and number she has to set her own account and carry new card to local pharmacy.

Wife went to refill an rx at drugstore, pharmacist said insurance denied she was no longer covered. Called express scripts, they said she was no longer active on my account, then she checked under her name and said she has been set up under a different account separate card and number she has to set her own account and carry new card to local pharmacy.

This happened to my husband as well. He called and it was all straightened out. Just another error when they switched to Trion.

This happened to my husband as well. He called and it was all straightened out. Just another error when they switched to Trion.

This is correct. Trion is the new vendor, although AZ did not bother to tell anyone involved (as usual). Only retirement accounts that still pay personally (not taken out of pension checks) are involved and need new pharmacy numbers....as I was informed by the AZ Alumni Assoc.
Good luck....and yes, AZ really does suck....retirees or present employees are all treated the same by our piece of s--t company, and it's getting worse - if possible?

Thanks to the other retirees for the heads up. Pensioner here and was concerned when my spouse got a very important prescription refill. Was afraid it would be bounced, but it appeared to go through without any glitches.

You old leeches did shit, spent money wildly, wined and dined and paid doctors for scripts, stole money on expense accounts and now you moan about your benefits that you barely deserve and don't pay shit for. Go away old dufus.

Actually we built the empire through hard work and now listen to jealous whining gen xer's and millennials who appear not to recognize that they too will one day grow older and face the same prejudice.

This is 100% accurate. Called AZ Benefits and they said they had heard about it and would get back to me with what was going on. Yeah right. I called Express Scripts and they told me that spouses were switched to a new account number as of July 25. They gave my wife her new account #, we called out pharmacist and he processed the rejected Rx's.

AZ didn't even tell us what was going on! Amazing!

Thanks to the other retirees for the heads up. Pensioner here and was concerned when my spouse got a very important prescription refill. Was afraid it would be bounced, but it appeared to go through without any glitches.
AZ began to fall apart when they started replacing experienced, proven performers with young inexperienced Ivy League Frat and Sorority brats who looked good in a suit or pant suit but couldn't get out of their own way. We suffered silently through their ridiculous, consultant paid for and created strategy and product presentations knowing full well that they were totally clueless twits. And now AZ's fate is sealed. Just another once great company who lost its way and had nobody competent left to pick up the pieces.
AZ is nothing now but back slappers and back biters who roll around in the gutter over the one or two remaining opportunities for promotions.

We owe OP our thanks. I was at first skeptical of another CP hoax. This thread is true. I called AZ Benefits who told me to call Express RX. I am a pensioner, and was told that "your wife is no longer linked to your account".

The fix is straightforward: Call Express RX at 800-440-0478. They are available 24/7. They will mail out a new card for spouse with all the appropriate numbers. If RX needs to be filled before card arrives, Express RX can provide all approriate numbers over the phone to the spouse, who can then take those to the pharmacy and get script filled.

Best regards to all fellow AZ Retirees. Enjoy your retirement, even though we have to put up with their inexcusable lack of communication. Feels good every day not to be employed by AZ.

Ann Ominous

We owe OP our thanks. I was at first skeptical of another CP hoax. This thread is true. I called AZ Benefits who told me to call Express RX. I am a pensioner, and was told that "your wife is no longer linked to your account".

The fix is straightforward: Call Express RX at 800-440-0478. They are available 24/7. They will mail out a new card for spouse with all the appropriate numbers. If RX needs to be filled before card arrives, Express RX can provide all approriate numbers over the phone to the spouse, who can then take those to the pharmacy and get script filled.

Best regards to all fellow AZ Retirees. Enjoy your retirement, even though we have to put up with their inexcusable lack of communication. Feels good every day not to be employed by AZ.

Ann Ominous

I was saying to my spouse today that I had thought the worries and stress of AZ dealings and their implications were behind me with retirement. Apparently I was wrong.

Ann Ominous

Glad you got it all straightened out....but if you're really interested in regaining communications with your old AZ ( and legacy company) friends you might look into:

THE CONTACT FOR INFO AND UPDATES ON THE AZ RETIREE GROUP IS: HFMETZ@AOL.COM.
LET HIM KNOW OF YOUR INTEREST AND HE'LL ADD YOUR NAME TO THE RETIREE MAILING LIST.
WE CHARGE A SMALL DUE PAYMENT TO COVER MAILING EXPENSES, OTHER THAN THAT IT'S ALL FUN!!!!

I'm a member, having joined about two years ago. My wife and I have regained relationships with many of our old friends, been to the yearly reunions....and generally been delighted with the organization (we are meeting in San Diego in about a month).
Incidentally, I was retired for over eight years before I even found out it even existed.
Give it a look, I think you might be happy you did.

Good luck, M.R.

This is 100% accurate. Called AZ Benefits and they said they had heard about it and would get back to me with what was going on. Yeah right. I called Express Scripts and they told me that spouses were switched to a new account number as of July 25. They gave my wife her new account #, we called out pharmacist and he processed the rejected Rx's.

AZ didn't even tell us what was going on! Amazing!

Also true for dependent children.

Retired 5 years. Without a notice, Express Scripts terminated my retiree benefits. For the past week I've been on the phone with Express Scripts, Aetna and AZ Benefits asking for an accounting of my expenses. I KNOW I have not reached the $25,000 lifetime max based on the end of year updates provided by AZ Benefits. They refuse to give me the expense breakdown saying "it's too difficult to retrieve." AZ Benefits, who are supposed to look out for us, are not AZ employees. They are a third party company who handle retirement benefits for many companies. I have found them to be very unhelpful in this matter.

I plan on reaching out to the Vice President of Human Resources who is also a member of the Board of Directors of AZ. She has been with the company for many years. I've met her at a few national meetings and seems okay. (I'll let you know)

Please check with AZ Benefits and make sure you're still covered! I was told by AZ Benefits I am not the only one that has been affected by this insurance termination.

To resolve the issues regarding retiree insurance is not rocket science. Utterly pathetic on AstraZeneca's part. Advice, put someone competent on this and clean it up before someone is admitted for a serious condition and denied treatment resulting in litigation.