• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

OBU

<

What’s happening in OBU? Several people have moved to other business units and one VP left recently. Has there been a change to the oncology sales team?

It’s called unrealistic call metrics. I believe it’s coming from the very top (SL) down. Hard sell for NSMs, RSDs, and DMs to try to convince their reps it’s possible to hit these metrics without lying through your teeth. Reps are fed up and can make more money elsewhere. Once you get oncology experience, you are a hot commodity. Why stick around a place that has all of this BS administrative work when you can go work at a smaller oncology company for $30,000 more in base and not even have to record calls. No brainer.

What’s happening in OBU? Several people have moved to other business units and one VP left recently. Has there been a change to the oncology sales team?

There are a few internals who are inconspicuously charged with evaluating the OBU A-Z. This includes staffing, pipeline, BD, LCM, and more. I am pretty sure I've figured out who two of the guys are because they keep showing up everywhere and have backgrounds aligned to operational models. You'll know it when you run into them as they seem out of place.

I don't know if this is good or bad. Do we aggressively acquire, partner, stay the course, or cut bait?

There are a few internals who are inconspicuously charged with evaluating the OBU A-Z. This includes staffing, pipeline, BD, LCM, and more. I am pretty sure I've figured out who two of the guys are because they keep showing up everywhere and have backgrounds aligned to operational models. You'll know it when you run into them as they seem out of place.

I don't know if this is good or bad. Do we aggressively acquire, partner, stay the course, or cut bait?

Confirmed and their fake titles don't fool anyone. It's not good news if the one guy runs models and has Bob's ear.