• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

Now that AGN stock is getting hammered

Anonymous

Now that the stock looks to be moving quickly to $150, how much longer until another company swoops in and steals AGN away at $180-$185 a share?

I think it's clear Allergan will win the battle against VRX but the battle will cost AGN the war.

<

Now that the stock looks to be moving quickly to $150, how much longer until another company swoops in and steals AGN away at $180-$185 a share?

I think it's clear Allergan will win the battle against VRX but the battle will cost AGN the war.

Not likely. According to ISS, the board has made it very difficult to be take over Allergan without their approval. A JNJ or Pfizer would run into the same problems as Valeant.

JnJ has enough money in their couch cushions to buy AGN tomorrow. Please.

J&J has a good business model ... and cash ... but allergan was a bargain last year and nobody "swooped".

$150 is just starting to reflect stand along price, shaking the short termers and deal premium - will be headed toward that 200+ 1YPT soon.

Meanwhile Zacks just downgraded VRX today to underperform with a 1YPT of $101 ouch

There is still one very large shareholder that has not dumped his shares. Its going to $140 or lower. How much it recovers from there will depend on AGN making good on Pyott's promises.

I sincerely doubt they will make the number the next two quarters. There are a lot of distractions in the field.

It's all OK with me , as long as a turd of a company isn't at the other end of it. I was given a retention bonus a few years back ...It's all money in the bank for me.

There is still one very large shareholder that has not dumped his shares. Its going to $140 or lower. How much it recovers from there will depend on AGN making good on Pyott's promises.

I sincerely doubt they will make the number the next two quarters. There are a lot of distractions in the field.

I believe your reference is to Ackman cause Paulson dumped his shares. Ackman based on the agreement with VRX can't sell his AGN shares unless VRX pulls out of the deal. So Ackman who bought at $126 could still see profit even if the deal falls through.

If AGN was worth purchasing, it would have happened already. It is a insignificant company no one in the industry cares about, including the giants, JNJ and Merck. If they giants wanted AGN, they would already own AGN.

The AGN model is fatally flawed and the senior leadership have been hiding out in Irvine for years hopping no idiot company would show up and demand the company.

The idiot had arrived...Valeant. Welcome!!! Save this clown calling itself a company from itself....

F-Julie

If AGN was worth purchasing, it would have happened already. It is a insignificant company no one in the industry cares about, including the giants, JNJ and Merck. If they giants wanted AGN, they would already own AGN.

The AGN model is fatally flawed and the senior leadership have been hiding out in Irvine for years hopping no idiot company would show up and demand the company.

The idiot had arrived...Valeant. Welcome!!! Save this clown calling itself a company from itself....

F-Julie

Moron: AGN has the highest trading multiple in pharma because of its model, and it had that multiple before VRX. It's almost time for school to start so your internship is just about over. Your stupidity is tantalizing and should be studied at university.

I work here and know that the fastest growing stock in the industry over past 5 yrs is Valeant. Not sure why there is all this speculation the shareholders will decide our fate by Fall latest.

I work here and know that the fastest growing stock in the industry over past 5 yrs is Valeant. Not sure why there is all this speculation the shareholders will decide our fate by Fall latest.

You're an asswipe intern. You said June a few months ago

Valeant is up exactly 7% in the last 52 weeks. About to hit a one year low.

It has two good runs around medicis and B&L Other than that it falls back down

VRX will be at 70 after this falls apart and headed toward BK.

Yours. Your wife didn't tell you?

This is what Mikey P thinks!

As expected, the aesthetics business deteriorated in Q2. The physicians were confused as to what products we wanted them to buy: our legacy Medicis products or our SOON-to-have Allergan products. The uncertain status of our MVP Program also created concern for the doctors. Our reps and management were focused on pleasing their new owners and holding back sales until they work for the new company, and our competitors were discounting heavily and disproportionately trying to take a temporary share to demonstrate weakness in our business.

Perhaps he will take a run at your ole lady too! Enjoy being a Angry Inch while all the leaders have meetings and decide our fate!