Not great BI

anonymous

So my BI 401k makes about 2 percent. My personal brokerage acct is up 33% this year. Why does BI not offer any decent investment choices AT ALL. My peers at other pharmas shut down for a week at christmas, and its not part of PTO, not BI. Now they increased health insurance cost and cut what they kick in. These are tangibles that really add up. I am disappointed in myself for staying as long as I have, its not good.

<

So my BI 401k makes about 2 percent. My personal brokerage acct is up 33% this year. Why does BI not offer any decent investment choices AT ALL. My peers at other pharmas shut down for a week at christmas, and its not part of PTO, not BI. Now they increased health insurance cost and cut what they kick in. These are tangibles that really add up. I am disappointed in myself for staying as long as I have, its not good.

the grass is greener. Get some sac and interview for a position someplace else. What good does complaining do on CP?

guess what. Health insurance costs are going up for everyone. This is not a BI thing. Every year, they have to adjust cost sharing. That’s how the business continues and how the company can continue to provide health benefits.

as far as your 401K goes, you have choices for what your investment direction goes. It’s your responsibility; not BI. Talk to your financial planner and get advice there; not on CP.

the ‘week off’ between Christmas and New Years amounts to 3 days of PTO. Suck it up and use some of the 28 days you get for that period of time. How many of your friends at other pharma get that many days of PTO?

while you’re at it, how about joining another open forum and asking for the company to help reimburse for your peloton.

Im not convinced that OP is wrong. Of course health care costs go up. Of course sometimes investments dont support retirement, but 2 percent is inexcusable. Im not convinced BI has a ton of PTO compared to others. Of course u can look at these things anyway u want to. Ppl employed at BI want to feel like they are doing great so make that argument. All of the items mentioned are quantitative so can easily be checked out. Its not helpful to try to shut down the idea. Doesnt hurt to shop around. Better to think about what u work hard for stay current and make sure you arent getting taken advantage of...

No offense meant to the op, but this may be proof that ignorance has a price.

"Most people roll over 401(k) savings into an IRA when they change jobs or retire. But, the majority of 401(k) plans allow employees to roll over funds while they are still working. A 401(k) rollover into an IRA may offer the opportunity for more control, more diversified investments and flexible beneficiary options."

Now that your 401k is held by Fidelity, you can easily address the issue. Open an IRA and improve your opportunities or continue the dental exam on your gifted equine.

Absent from this discussion is the biggest reason we all work. Salary at BI is a fraction of what I made before and what my peers at other companies make. Simple fact. And yes I am looking, not a lot out there at the moment.

Absent from this discussion is the biggest reason we all work. Salary at BI is a fraction of what I made before and what my peers at other companies make. Simple fact. And yes I am looking, not a lot out there at the moment.

I just checked and was able to confirm that your salary, IC and benefits are higher than people who are out of work. Good sized sampling too. While not 100% scientific, the results look promising.

now go make your 4 virtual calls/day and collect your paycheck.