• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Northeast PAH

Anonymous

I've been talking to people and doing my research. Any anonymous comments? I ask because I feel like people hold back sometimes and don't tell the whole story. I'm going through the process and don't want to make a mistake?

<

I like this company. I have a really close friend in PAH at Gilead and they say it has changed quite a bit. Gilead will tell you they are biotech/biopharm, not big pharma. Not correct. There are plenty of call metrics that will impact your annual rating. I have worked in biotech for years , Gilead is not biotech. ERA is a mature market and they are hanging their hopes on combo therapy and a biologic in the pipeline, neither of which seems likely. The competition has a once a day as well and has had a significant impact on being able to hit your numbers and make good bonus money. I guess it's like all pharma, depends on your manager. I will tell you the average rep lasts 3-4 years and then is gone. They burn through reps.

I like this company. I have a really close friend in PAH at Gilead and they say it has changed quite a bit. Gilead will tell you they are biotech/biopharm, not big pharma. Not correct. There are plenty of call metrics that will impact your annual rating. I have worked in biotech for years , Gilead is not biotech. ERA is a mature market and they are hanging their hopes on combo therapy and a biologic in the pipeline, neither of which seems likely. The competition has a once a day as well and has had a significant impact on being able to hit your numbers and make good bonus money. I guess it's like all pharma, depends on your manager. I will tell you the average rep lasts 3-4 years and then is gone. They burn through reps.

Bottom line, reps in this division are treated like sh|t. Yet you are correct, it's a cash cow at best, hope they get something new someday soon.