• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Non Medical Device Reps Wearing Scrubs

anonymous

What is your opinion of non device and non surgical wraps going around town and into offices wearing scrubs?

I have seen it happen more often lately. I think it looks like a lazy way to dress, it's comes off as non sanitary and a weak attempt at gaining access.

OP here....correcting some spelling before getting blasted......o_O

What is your opinion of non device and non surgical reps going around town and into offices wearing scrubs?

I have seen it happen more often lately. I think it looks like a lazy way to dress, it's comes off as non sanitary and a weak attempt at gaining access.

Your thoughts as a fellow salesperson? What impression does it make in a clinic?

Well, i think it all depends on a lots of factors. Make yourself comfortable while following the rules.
Every institution has rules - follow the rules and make yourself comfortable.

Do you have accounts in a hospital? If so, the next question is:
Do YOU feel confident wearing scrubs around the rest of your city (offices)?
If the rest of you doesn't look sloppy - nobody will see it as lazy.
Example: Cops and firefighters – why do their wear uniforms? You ca say it's because the public can see and recognize them as such and act appropriate.
A better reason: when they put the uniform on they are a different person - a person that will not just act like the part,. but take action and feel the part of them that does a duty! Their job
Do you feel better when you wear scrubs?
Or do you feel you look lazy? If you feel you look lazy - you most likely ARE lazy
If it empowers you - then no worries.
Life can get a lot more complicated than this ...BE YOU

Sounds like they are wannabe med reps, posers. There is debate about med reps that go into hospitals wearing scrubs from place to place. It is not sterile or sanitary for anyone to wear them throughout the day making calls.
People in surgery/OR are at risk for infection. Think about all the shit you can pick up on those scrubs hopping from hospital to car, lunch out, another hospital, bathroom stops...
Hospitals should require fresh set of scrubs anytime one enters OR in my opinion.