New Mandatory Catering Must use Yum! Brands

Anonymous

The Seattle Times
Winner of Eight Pulitzer Prizes
Business / Technology

Yum! Brands names new director, authorizes buyback
Fast food chain operator Yum! Brands Inc. said Friday that pharmaceutical executive Mirian M. Graddick-Weir was appointed to its board of directors. The company also authorized a $750 million share buyback and announced a dividend payment.

The Associated Press

LOUISVILLE, Ky. —
Fast food chain operator Yum! Brands Inc. said Friday that pharmaceutical executive Mirian M. Graddick-Weir was appointed to its board of directors. The company also authorized a $750 million share buyback and announced a dividend payment.

Graddick-Weir, 56, will take her seat on the board at the company's next board meeting on Jan. 26. She is executive vice president of human resources at Merck & Co., based in Whitehouse Station, N.J.

Yum's board authorized the repurchase of up to an additional $750 million of the company's shares through May 31, 2013. The company said there was about $250 million remaining under an existing share-buyback authorization as of Nov. 11.

The board also declared a quarterly dividend of 28.5 cents a share to be paid Feb. 3 to shareholders of record on Jan. 13. Yum said in September that it would raise its dividend by 14 percent, to 28.5 cents a share. The company has increased its dividend every year since it began paying them in 2004.

Yum! Brands, based in Louisville, Ky., operates about 37,000 fast-food restaurants in the U.S. and more than 100 other countries. Its brands include KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.

Shares of the company rose 7 cents to close at $53.84.

<

Well doesn't that just warm your cockles?! Mirian M. Graddick-Weir has been such a high performing executive vice-president of human resources at Merck, I'm sure her expertise on the Yum! Yum! Brands BOD will serve them quite well. She's been exceptional at balancing manpower needs with corporate profitability and implementing novel approaches that enhance attrition. Merck employees everywhere owe her a debt of gratitude and I'm sure would love to pass along their own personal debts that may have risen due to the implementation of her human resources initiatives. She has certainly become a hero of mine that I aspire to emulate and hopefully reach her level outstanding achievement. Lead on Mirian! Another shining Merck legacy we can all take great pride in.

Well doesn't that just warm your cockles?! Mirian M. Graddick-Weir has been such a high performing executive vice-president of human resources at Merck, I'm sure her expertise on the Yum! Yum! Brands BOD will serve them quite well. She's been exceptional at balancing manpower needs with corporate profitability and implementing novel approaches that enhance attrition. Merck employees everywhere owe her a debt of gratitude and I'm sure would love to pass along their own personal debts that may have risen due to the implementation of her human resources initiatives. She has certainly become a hero of mine that I aspire to emulate and hopefully reach her level outstanding achievement. Lead on Mirian! Another shining Merck legacy we can all take great pride in.

Maybe she can get Frazier to use them to cater his meetings about PSU.