• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Need Info Roche SARS-CoV-2 Test for COVID-19.

I'm doing some pro-bono research and consulting on the questions below regarding Roche SARS-CoV-2 Test for COVID-19. I AM NOT consulting or working for Roche!

Has a cost or price been established for this test (lab &/or patient)?
How many cobas® 6800 and cobas® 8800 Systems are installed in labs in the US?
Do the 400,000 tests per week seem reasonable? Is inventory supply going to be a problem?

Thanks for any feedback - feel free to reach out directly to me.

Joel

I'm doing some pro-bono research and consulting on the questions below regarding Roche SARS-CoV-2 Test for COVID-19. I AM NOT consulting or working for Roche!

Has a cost or price been established for this test (lab &/or patient)?
How many cobas® 6800 and cobas® 8800 Systems are installed in labs in the US?
Do the 400,000 tests per week seem reasonable? Is inventory supply going to be a problem?

Thanks for any feedback - feel free to reach out directly to me.

Joel
I do some of my best work pro Bone-O.

Laying pipe during COVID-19 hysteria

U0002 - CMS says reimbursement will be ~$53
~30 labs in the US currently have 1 or more of according to Roche
no one knows but i am sure the demand will always be higher than the supply for awhile

By the time you overpay for the kits there isn't a lot of money. a lot of labs don't have the reagents.

The lack of reagents is a serious problem with LC & Quest hoarding them as they were the only ones who could afford to buy up the supply. I am hearing their TAT is anywhere from 6-14 days and they are telling some offices they are not allowed to send more than 2 patients per day!