NE Globus Spine Offer:

Anonymous

Fellas, spine offer w 60k base and a "development" territory (not an ASR, it's ownership). While in "development" you get 5% commission. After you hit a 1 mil. its 100% commission at 12%.

How is QOL in Spine? Are you called in the middle of the night? Is there a future in it (I'm talking economic trends not my work ethic). Maybe ACA enables more patients to have this surgery since some is elective?

Looking for input.

Thx

<

What's your background, and is $60k enough in case it takes time to get off the ground?
QOL in spine is nearly all scheduled surgery, extremely rare to take call. If you are new to industry, this is a great opportunity. Not sure any more how globus is to work for but historically they've grown fast and steady and have decent products. Owner is r&D guy, so their early focus and culture was on building a solid product bag and surgeon education.

I am B2B (cloud) sales. 60k will be tight but doable (low overhead).

Glad to hear most surgeries are scheduled, versus a trauma role. Will I always be on call, or will it be somewhat predictable? ...I assume it is dependent on my surgeons schedule. - Can you elaborate if possible?

I am new to the industry. My concern is that I can make a killing in software sales w a good QOL, but I know device is hot as well, plus device IS a little sexier. 28 years and need to start making some real coin.

Pretty excited about this opportunity.

Thank you for the response.

Its not "extremely rare" at all to take call. If you are a busy spine rep, I would say you have one "add-on/ weekend" case a week. Find out if you can split weekends with other reps. Being on call is no fun.

I would seriously consider exploring some software gigs. Device might appear Sexy but ask yourself how many companies make pedicle screws and how that will impact the pricing of the products you sell in the future, especially as a straight commissioned rep. Spine is on the radar and will continue to see compression in price

REAL COIN? Really, did you really say that? You won't make it in device, stick to what you are doing.

I am B2B (cloud) sales. 60k will be tight but doable (low overhead).

Glad to hear most surgeries are scheduled, versus a trauma role. Will I always be on call, or will it be somewhat predictable? ...I assume it is dependent on my surgeons schedule. - Can you elaborate if possible?

I am new to the industry. My concern is that I can make a killing in software sales w a good QOL, but I know device is hot as well, plus device IS a little sexier. 28 years and need to start making some real coin.

Pretty excited about this opportunity.

Thank you for the response.

I take it back. ^

Looks like I'd be working in a very under represented area with two major hospitals (level 1) trauma centers, in addition to two other large hospitals. What is your input on that? thx

Fellas, spine offer w 60k base and a "development" territory (not an ASR, it's ownership). While in "development" you get 5% commission. After you hit a 1 mil. its 100% commission at 12%.

How is QOL in Spine? Are you called in the middle of the night? Is there a future in it (I'm talking economic trends not my work ethic). Maybe ACA enables more patients to have this surgery since some is elective?

Looking for input.

Thx

You ever go through with this? What’s the timeline of getting promoted looking like?