National Sales Training Meetings - thoughts?????

<

This is telling us that there will be cuts and then those left will go to the meeting. I hope this company is not dumb enough to have this meeting, and then downsize after spending all that money. Of course, this is Takeda with stupidity leading it!!!

No everyone will be trained! Downsizing will not happen until end of takeda business year. Mole here. that is the TAKEDA upper management that has been already decided. I don't agree but you know the routine you nod your head and say what a great idea.

What kind of sense does it make to send an ENTIRE sales force to sales training - that is so much MONEY wasted when this company is already HURTING. And if layoffs are end of year thats March 31st, which makes NO SENSE to me. So you will be laying off people who were just trained and launching new products.

Your absolutely right. Surprising how they give of dates but no location or hotel information. You would think for the entire sales force to be trained you would need to make arrangements/reservations. Or you can wait until numbers are finalized and cuts are made than you make reservations just like last go around.

What kind of sense does it make to send an ENTIRE sales force to sales training - that is so much MONEY wasted when this company is already HURTING. And if layoffs are end of year thats March 31st, which makes NO SENSE to me. So you will be laying off people who were just trained and launching new products.

Yep! You're correct! So why stay another day? Protect yourself and your family and leave now.

No-really, why are you willing to risk staying with Takeda? If you are so certain of the facts and the leadership is inept, why put your family at risk? I'll give you a day or two to answer before I start to provide the likely reasons.

Yep! You're correct! So why stay another day? Protect yourself and your family and leave now.

No-really, why are you willing to risk staying with Takeda? If you are so certain of the facts and the leadership is inept, why put your family at risk? I'll give you a day or two to answer before I start to provide the likely reasons.

It's called a severance package. If they offer one, Im taking it.

Why result to name calling? This seems to be one of the few honest threads on the subject. It's perfectly reasonable to stick it out for a severance package, especially if there is an opportunity to double dip!!

I guess I am staying the same reason you are and I am sure unlike you I will be fine layoffs or not because I've worked other industries and have varying experiences. SO good luck kool-aid drinker or is this a home office employee trolling CafePharma???

Wow, so its true - Upper Management does troll Cafe Pharma - thanks for telling on yourself!!! Effin Funny - Upper Management is on CafePharma...

I am sure the name calling is because of the upper echelon trolls OR still pissed former employees that were let go in 2009. Continue to ignore them - TROLLS GO AWAY

Why result to name calling? This seems to be one of the few honest threads on the subject. It's perfectly reasonable to stick it out for a severance package, especially if there is an opportunity to double dip!!

The OP must be on to something if people are this upset about an honest observation. I guess I should start the resume sending now - feel kind of dumb not starting before today...

the email asking for your response on attendance by nov 14 seems so suspect.....like they are just trying to dispell any uneasiness and keep all the force focused. smoke and mirrors? why would they train us all to dump us all?

the email asking for your response on attendance by nov 14 seems so suspect.....like they are just trying to dispell any uneasiness and keep all the force focused. smoke and mirrors? why would they train us all to dump us all?

When you figure out ANY logic to what Takeda is doing these days,please let me know!!They don't have a clue! That's obvious!

The OP must be on to something if people are this upset about an honest observation. I guess I should start the resume sending now - feel kind of dumb not starting before today...

You need to get moving now. I have been applying and interviewing for jobs outside the company for a year. Had some great interviews and actually went in for finals only to get beat out by an internal or a candidate with more experience. There are a TON of people looking and many are willing to take big pay cuts because they need a job. AZ is about to cut their sales force by 46%. Gonna be a lot of competition in the coming months. Be prepared.

Any chance Takeda will become Amylin's new partner for Exenatide outside the U.S.. For those that may be unaware, Amylin and Lilly recently agreed to dissolve their collaboration agreement and Amylin stated they are will be searching for a new partner to market the Byetta and Bydureon outside the U.S. Takeda already has a partnership agreement with Amylin for obesity, and they seem to be the logical choice to join forces with Amylin for diabetes as well.