• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Namzaric

<

So many comments on this string are true.

1). Although there may be a few unique situations where the benefit of one pill outweighs everything else, the massive cost difference mitigates that advantage for most.
2). Asking reps to ignore actual cost diminishes their credibility with many prescribers. Allergan has a way of forcing reps to present drugs in ways where our cost discussion is limited to patient out of pocket expenses. Most doctors realize someone is paying for it via higher insurance premiums or higher outlay of tax dollars. In other words, we all pay for it, and smart doctors know it.
3). Rip Forest all you want, but for two decades they followed the model of introducing almost every new products at a lower price than their market competitors. I don't think the post-Howard Solomon management team follows that model.
4). I can't say this product is dirty, but it certainly makes the rep feel dirty at times because it's usually not the best choice for a patient. Many times getting the same meds at a fraction of the cost is just as good because those patients take other meds 3-4 times per day; it's not like they are really saving any time or effort. But we are forced to present it as a "benefit" and most docs just nod and say OK while silently thinking we are either crazy, unknowledgable, unethical, or a little of all of the above.

I think those are all fair statements.

Wonder how many reps are aware of the 60-80 hr half-life of of IR. Think missing a dose here or there is of true clinical impact?

I think those are all fair statements.

Wonder how many reps are aware of the 60-80 hr half-life of of IR. Think missing a dose here or there is of true clinical impact?

Considering you are talking about a drug that doesn't do anything in the first place, no. There is zero clinical impact of missing a dose of this horse shit.

So many comments on this string are true.

1). Although there may be a few unique situations where the benefit of one pill outweighs everything else, the massive cost difference mitigates that advantage for most.
2). Asking reps to ignore actual cost diminishes their credibility with many prescribers. Allergan has a way of forcing reps to present drugs in ways where our cost discussion is limited to patient out of pocket expenses. Most doctors realize someone is paying for it via higher insurance premiums or higher outlay of tax dollars. In other words, we all pay for it, and smart doctors know it.
3). Rip Forest all you want, but for two decades they followed the model of introducing almost every new products at a lower price than their market competitors. I don't think the post-Howard Solomon management team follows that model.
4). I can't say this product is dirty, but it certainly makes the rep feel dirty at times because it's usually not the best choice for a patient. Many times getting the same meds at a fraction of the cost is just as good because those patients take other meds 3-4 times per day; it's not like they are really saving any time or effort. But we are forced to present it as a "benefit" and most docs just nod and say OK while silently thinking we are either crazy, unknowledgable, unethical, or a little of all of the above.

4 XR generics now available and the direction is essentially to keep shoveling this horseshit and hope MD's don't find out about it. In fact.... push for 90 day Rx's. Patients come 1st, right?