• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Namzaric? Why not just add 25-30mg generic memantine?

anonymous

Well? I'm sure there is a great home-spun reason, but in reality you have a product in memantine that has a very mild (very) safety/tolerability profile. No real danger going to 30mg as opposed to 28mg. If worried, can you keep it at 25mg? You can probably go QD too. Most MDs did it all day long with branded Namenda.

One pill? Please. Miderate-severe people have home health or skilled nursing. The VAST majority do.

Why not just monkey rig the generics for more cost effectiveness?

<

Well? I'm sure there is a great home-spun reason, but in reality you have a product in memantine that has a very mild (very) safety/tolerability profile. No real danger going to 30mg as opposed to 28mg. If worried, can you keep it at 25mg? You can probably go QD too. Most MDs did it all day long with branded Namenda.

One pill? Please. Miderate-severe people have home health or skilled nursing. The VAST majority do.

Why not just monkey rig the generics for more cost effectiveness?

Uh, because who gives a shit? No one here cares about the Namenda brand.

Uh, because who gives a shit? No one here cares about the Namenda brand.

Namzaric has been a disaster and the company still thinks it will be as big as XR. In Orlando they talked about how successful the salesforce was in converting pts from bid to XR, but failed to mention the conversion rate didn't take off until we tried to pull IR off the market. Hmmmm

My prediction is by July it will be obvious Namzaric will never reach internal goals and we will have a downsizing in the fall. Hope I'm wrong but don't forget XR goes generic this year too.

Namzaric has been a disaster and the company still thinks it will be as big as XR. In Orlando they talked about how successful the salesforce was in converting pts from bid to XR, but failed to mention the conversion rate didn't take off until we tried to pull IR off the market. Hmmmm

My prediction is by July it will be obvious Namzaric will never reach internal goals and we will have a downsizing in the fall. Hope I'm wrong but don't forget XR goes generic this year too.

Generic XR will be the end of Namzaric. Unless we try to pull that IR to XR stunt again

Generic XR will be the end of Namzaric. Unless we try to pull that IR to XR stunt again

Remember IR was branded when we tried to pull that stunt, so unless they try to yank it soon they will, obviously, have no control once it goes generic.

It was interesting to here BM basically admit they should have done what a lot of us reps were thinking. That was suck it up and leave money on the table and never launch XR. Could have kept pushing IR and then just launched Namzaric. Maybe it wouldn't have mattered but I think it would have been more successful than it is now.