My sales manager just told me that Medicare put a freeze on our payments

<

The lab could have been placed in “IJ” immediate jeopardy, whereas Medicare had a concern. Typically once the concern has been address the temporary suspension is lifted but it’s not immediate, it can take a week to 10 days. Good luck.

The lab could have been placed in “IJ” immediate jeopardy, whereas Medicare had a concern. Typically once the concern has been address the temporary suspension is lifted but it’s not immediate, it can take a week to 10 days. Good luck.

I've never heard of that before.

They said they got a letter from Medicare but was "vague"

Apparently nobody will give a straight answer to them from Medicare

I've never heard of that before.

They said they got a letter from Medicare but was "vague"

Apparently nobody will give a straight answer to them from Medicare

No one wants to utter the words Immediate Jeopardy....if that’s what happened they’ll be watched closely on every claim submitted and may be subject to pre-payment review....it’s Medicare’s way of squeezing them financially

Sorry, this is my first sales job and dealing with Medicare.

Is this normal?

I feel like I'm being lied too and my clients are in danger as well.

So the gist that I am getting is that they are screwed and I am going to be up a creek very soon?

Sorry, this is my first sales job and dealing with Medicare.

Is this normal?

I feel like I'm being lied too and my clients are in danger as well.

So the gist that I am getting is that they are screwed and I am going to be up a creek very soon?

Lab space is challenging, if your lab is having an issue doesn’t mean they are bad, Medicare can be an SOB. Have to ask, why would your clients be in danger? Being put in IJ happens, part of the game

Lab space is challenging, if your lab is having an issue doesn’t mean they are bad, Medicare can be an SOB. Have to ask, why would your clients be in danger? Being put in IJ happens, part of the game

First of all, thank you for being very polite in this. I am pretty scared and this is just very new to me.

I would mean in danger of having to tell them that this happening with medicare. I assume I have to tell them right? They might back out that moment.

First of all, thank you for being very polite in this. I am pretty scared and this is just very new to me.

I would mean in danger of having to tell them that this happening with medicare. I assume I have to tell them right? They might back out that moment.

You clients DO NOT CARE if the lab is in Immediate Jeopardy, your customers ONLY care if they are getting test results. As long as the lab is providing those the doctors DO NOT CARE if the lab is getting paid by Medicare, they only care that the results are in their portal.

You clients DO NOT CARE if the lab is in Immediate Jeopardy, your customers ONLY care if they are getting test results. As long as the lab is providing those the doctors DO NOT CARE if the lab is getting paid by Medicare, they only care that the results are in their portal.

Thanks for your advice!

That is logical to me, I just assumed the doctor would not want to be associated with a lab that is in trouble with Medicare but you are right. They just care about the results.

Thanks for your advice!

That is logical to me, I just assumed the doctor would not want to be associated with a lab that is in trouble with Medicare but you are right. They just care about the results.

There’s no “association” between the doctor and the lab, they are only providing a commodity service. Labs are like gas stations, just drive down the road 100 yards and there’s another one.

There’s no “association” between the doctor and the lab, they are only providing a commodity service. Labs are like gas stations, just drive down the road 100 yards and there’s another one.

This applies to sales reps as well! 99% of reps are replaceable. A piece of cardboard can sell better than 99% of reps. You will have not problem finding a job since the competition are morons!

Well, it's been a month and still nothing and something tells me there is alot more bad to come. I'm going to accept this offer with another lab. What I can gather is Medicare doesnt stop money for a month for fun. Too bad they seemed like they were on the up and up but I guess i wont be there to see what happens.