My Aciphex vs an equal generic

anonymous

Good morning,

What are the medical ramifications to asking for generic amperazole from my walgreen pharmacist? I feel that my ulcers are under control but I am seeking savings by asking for the generic. My husband was just laid off and we are tightening our belts anywhere we can. I have read that there are some upset people writing on this board but am trying to learn from someone who may be able to provide me with the fair and balanced commentary. I do appreciate your polite feedback.

Thanks for your help, Maddie

<

Aciphex goes generic on November 8, 2013 so not available yet in pharmacies. You have a little over 1 month to go. If you cannot afford aciphex there are other generic alternatives so ask your pharmacist or doctor. Since aciphex is so close to going generic, you might not be able to go on a patient assistance program. Good luck and best wishes. Eisia peeps, please give this person respect for question. Aciphex is the most expensive of all ppis.

first of all rookie, the pharmacist can do anythig he/she wants and he/she will. Second, if you are really trying to "tighten your belts" quit taking prescription drugs. You don't need them just live a better simple lifestyle. Mix in a salad go out and break a sweat everyday you can't buy the solution! Live by that!

why would any patient take a prescription PPI when they are all generic and OTC! NO study has shown one to be any better . If you have a $10 co-pay ,great get your generic omeprazole or generic prevacid and move on. Don't want the Rx hassle-go to costco and buy the KIRKLAND 20mg omeprazole and you're done. Aciphex is no better or worse than any other PPI. Save money and buy cheap OTC products that work just fine!

why would any patient take a prescription PPI when they are all generic and OTC! NO study has shown one to be any better . If you have a $10 co-pay ,great get your generic omeprazole or generic prevacid and move on. Don't want the Rx hassle-go to costco and buy the KIRKLAND 20mg omeprazole and you're done. Aciphex is no better or worse than any other PPI. Save money and buy cheap OTC products that work just fine!

Agree with this. generic otc omeprazole is cheaper at any pharmacy for drug store you go to than RX aciphex. Plus no hassle with getting dr to change the RX. And most pharmacists will try to switch you to generic anyway-- as they don't make any $$$$ of the brand names.
I tell everyone I know this who is on a PPI, and most have switched if they were on acphx.

I used to work here-- so I know there is no difference in PPI's--- just cost and hastle of getting an RX. Go the cheap route. Generics are just as good.