• Thurs news: Moderna targets $1.1B in R&D spending cuts. Gene therapy startup emerges. J&J leads $50M financing for imaging company. Sanofi gets into radioligands. GSK’s mRNA flu vax trial. See more on our front page

Mr. Eli Lilly who ran company in WWII and Depression a.....

anonymous

HERO, I repeat a Hero. He not only did NOT layoff any employees during the depression, he made sure they were taken care of. Also, during WWII he made many drugs the soldiers needed. He supplied them at cost. He was one of the most well respected people in the world. He sought out NO glory, and helped many people who were down on their luck. I was born in Indiana in the 50's and really did not know much about him, until I read a few books on him. He died in 1977....wow. Your company should be very PROUD of him. Rest in Peace!

Reactions: Dave Brown

Of course Eli Lilly had a lot to do with the NEW insulin in the 1920's, along with the Univ. of Toronto.
Then in the 1940's the Gov't filed a claim that the 2 companies selling insulin...Lilly, Squibb, Sharpe & Dohme had fixed the prices....Eli Lilly said NO way, we never met etc. He said the companies new their price and just matched it.....at ~0.7 cents a day...that's 7 cents....are you kidding me, a life saving drug...Eli Lilly was outraged.

Keeping all you sales reps on the payroll through the pandemic is the equivalent of keeping people on the payroll during the depression. Although at least during the depression some useful work was done, like painting and maintenance.

Reactions: Dave Brown