• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

More bad news

<

The real problem is the whole model is based on patent drugs.

Patent drugs have a limited profit lifetime, but completely unknown risks due to their novelty.

Now if some of these companies were really smart, hint, hint, they would go for really effective combination nutrients (read: very advanced dietary supplements) that do things that nobody else does.

This is the business model known as "we are not the best at what we do, but we are the only ones that do it" which creates a lot of copycats, and sadly Lilly has become a copycat itself

Patent drugs have a limited profit lifetime, but completely unknown risks due to their novelty.

Now if some of these companies were really smart, hint, hint, they would go for really effective combination nutrients (read: very advanced dietary supplements) that do things that nobody else does.

This is the business model known as "we are not the best at what we do, but we are the only ones that do it" which creates a lot of copycats, and sadly Lilly has become a copycat itself

Real problem is incompetent leaders.

I agree that the model based compltely on patented drugs is flawed. The costs and risks are too high - its like investing your savings entirely in the most risky biotech and penny stocks. Diversification is the only answer.

I agree that the model based compltely on patented drugs is flawed. The costs and risks are too high - its like investing your savings entirely in the most risky biotech and penny stocks. Diversification is the only answer.

Possibly the worst investment at this point is Indianapolis real estate.

If I was facing "reallocation" I would surely be thinking about putting my house on the market as a preemptive move. Every time I drive west on the 70, and see the "Purdue Research Park" looking like a vacant lot for how long now? --- what a completely FUBAR and fragile economy this has become in Indiana.

Sure, diversifying in China is going save the company... sure.... just wait: In a few years you'll be seeing them undercut insulin prices by 75% or more.