More bad news for Seroquel

Anonymous

Pentagon Removes Quetiapine From Approved Formulary List.
The Air Force Times (6/15, Kime) reports on the Pentagon's removal of Seroquel (quetiapine) from its approved formulary list. The article cites Stan White, whose son, Marine Cpl. Andrew White, "died Feb. 12, 2008, at age 23 from a lethal combination of medications prescribed for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), mainly clonazepam, quetiapine and paroxetine -- the latter two known to sometimes affect the heart's regular rhythm." The article reports that "questions have been raised over" quetiapine's rise in popularity, noting that "in April 2010, manufacturer Astra-Zeneca agreed to pay $520 million to the federal government to settle a civil suit alleging that it illegally marketed Seroquel for a host of off-label uses such as Alzheimer's disease, anxiety, PTSD and sleeplessness." Citing the AP, the article notes that "the Pentagon spent $8.6 million on the drug, while the Veterans Affairs Department spent $125.4 million."

Pentagon Removes Quetiapine From Approved Formulary List.
The Air Force Times (6/15, Kime) reports on the Pentagon's removal of Seroquel (quetiapine) from its approved formulary list. The article cites Stan White, whose son, Marine Cpl. Andrew White, "died Feb. 12, 2008, at age 23 from a lethal combination of medications prescribed for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), mainly clonazepam, quetiapine and paroxetine -- the latter two known to sometimes affect the heart's regular rhythm." The article reports that "questions have been raised over" quetiapine's rise in popularity, noting that "in April 2010, manufacturer Astra-Zeneca agreed to pay $520 million to the federal government to settle a civil suit alleging that it illegally marketed Seroquel for a host of off-label uses such as Alzheimer's disease, anxiety, PTSD and sleeplessness." Citing the AP, the article notes that "the Pentagon spent $8.6 million on the drug, while the Veterans Affairs Department spent $125.4 million."

Off label promotion of Seroquel???? I don't believe it!

As a former brand team member for Seroquel, I often told the scientific team that we have an issue here with this molecule. Although, the efficacy for treating Schizophrenia and Bi-Polar is there, there are many underlying issues. Nobody would listen. I was told this drug will make us Millions and Millions of dollars. I left shortly after that meeting to work with a company that values Patient lives.

As a former brand team member for Seroquel, I often told the scientific team that we have an issue here with this molecule. Although, the efficacy for treating Schizophrenia and Bi-Polar is there, there are many underlying issues. Nobody would listen. I was told this drug will make us Millions and Millions of dollars. I left shortly after that meeting to work with a company that values Patient lives.

TOTAL BS. Band V's never leave they just rotate. Secondly if were brand team then your background is marketing NOT science. Third, you know nothing about QTC prolongation or you would understand the molecule. Fourth, IR had 40% of the market. Do you have any idea how many scripts that is??? Even if this was a rare occurrence the FDA would have been all over this like a duck on a June bug, not to mention the lawyers.

At least try and make you post believable.

hahahaha. Brand team member telling the science department what is wrong with their molecule, not that's rich. Oh by the way, the drug made billions of dollars and still is. Gee, I wonder how the science department ever got an indication as adjunct to anti-depressants with such bad data?

If you were on the brand team we know why you left.

I think you meant to say "patent lives", not patient lives. You just tryin to be a player... but you can't quite make the big top. So you end up being a performer in the 4th ring of a 3 ring circus. Cut us a break and go home.

Dept of justice will be watching AZ promoting xr vs ir. Trust me on this one folks dr.s are being paid to write down what reps are telling them. Do NOT claim that xr causes less sedation!! You have been warned!

Dept of justice will be watching AZ promoting xr vs ir. Trust me on this one folks dr.s are being paid to write down what reps are telling them. Do NOT claim that xr causes less sedation!! You have been warned!

Bullshit! I (we) ie about this drug daily! And, I will continue to do so! My numbers are pretty good and that's how I like it. DOJ my ass! Liar!

Last edited by a moderator:

DOJ peeOJ. No one touches us.

The only thing you have to worry about is people claiming you were a part of the hairpiece rumors. Got it?

Last edited by a moderator: