• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Metabolic Division home to the overpaid Reps

Anonymous

All those former Solvay Executive reps making well over six figures to be Primary Care Reps. No wonder they don't leave. They make more base than Specialty Biotech Reps who have huge territories and sell in a niche market.No other company would pay them that salary for Primary Care experience. They are the most non Driven content group of folks I've seen. And what about all those Regional Managers. Talk about a waste of money on those high salaries. If AbbVie has lay offs, those folks will never see those salaries again.

<

I could give a shit what they make. Many CV reps were overpaid for their "experience" of selling Biaxin. After two years, most of the experience factor evens out and it's about ability and use of tools, which is something older reps struggled with. I was amazed the number who resisted using basic calendar, email or spreadsheet programs.

What does matter is revenue to the company and delivering vs plan. That is all. I think we all know that half of the Met force could be eliminated and sales would barely drop for Two Pump Juice; however, sales of Synthroid would effected.

Keep selling or whatever you are calling it. When Four Pump Juice becomes available generic, the shop will close. Good luck getting into Humira, HCV or Duopa.

Save some money, inventory your transferable skills and network into a new industry. Best to start today.

What transferable skills?? That's my point. At one time these reps were real specialty reps who were just too insecure to switch companies. They have been PCP reps for so long. Now, if they get laid off they will be one more of the surplus of PCP reps who are unemployed. The driven reps left to specialty jobs to remain differentiated as soon as all divisions were merged into a large PCP sales force. Most of the folks who stayed and were former women's or neuroscience reps have not updated a resume in decades. The Regional Managers who had large territories became overpaid glorified DMs who continue to stay.... How embarrassing for them. They don't even know how to look for jobs.

transferrable skills...if you cannot inventory them, then I have made my point. Previous poster hit it out of the park. Market is currently choked with people who can read from an ipad, deliver lunch and drive a leased car. They can also count by cases of goods, ensure all signatures were obtained during a lunch and can complete a brainshark.

Get out of the pharma bubble and really ask what skills you need to acquire/demonstrate to complete successfully in another industry. Do not rely on LHH to give you that feedback - too late at that point. Hopefully, you have already started.

Good luck

ESR here or Level iv now. Started at 82k with solvay after 15 years experience, Now have 23 so at 118k base. Our former BASF/Solvay pension blows so take your %60 of 5 highest years to the grave. Asshole.