• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Merging of MCL 7 MCR DSMs

Anonymous

To my fellow DSMs, prepare for a merger in DSMs from the right and left in some areas. This will downsize the number of us and increase the amount of reps we manage. I suggest you evaluate your skills vs. the DSM that most mirrors your district...because this is who you will be ranked against.

To my fellow DSMs, prepare for a merger in DSMs from the right and left in some areas. This will downsize the number of us and increase the amount of reps we manage. I suggest you evaluate your skills vs. the DSM that most mirrors your district...because this is who you will be ranked against.

I am a motherfucking great DSM so I know I will be safe. But some of you fucksticks really need to worry.

Nice work Sherlock. This has been known for at least six months. The goal is a total sales force of 1500 with all PC under one unified sales force. Two PSSs per expanded territory carving out low access customers for CSAs. We may have one or two products unique but will share customers and promote products in different order of priority. In the end we will have a 50% reduction in PSSs, DSMs, RSDs, ASDs and if lucky all of the worthless NSDs.

Everyone knows that the dsm model is broken...except AZ. DSM's need a minimum of 16 reps, across several TA's. It worked once before and it can work again. Offices are sick and tired of seeing reps drag DM's in every few weeks. They don't like and are closing themselves to DM's at a rapid pace. Who can blame them!

Everyone knows that the dsm model is broken...except AZ. DSM's need a minimum of 16 reps, across several TA's. It worked once before and it can work again. Offices are sick and tired of seeing reps drag DM's in every few weeks. They don't like and are closing themselves to DM's at a rapid pace. Who can blame them!

YES! We need less DSMs and more reps.! The offices want and demand more pizza. Why just today I had a 350 lb receptionist kick me in the nuts because I forgot to bring Mountain Dew! I went home and cried for 3 hours then my Mommy came over and put talcum powder on my raw anus!

PSS's are so needed, DSM, are not!

Can someone explain what Astra Zeneca refers to as a MCR and a MCL???? I read that you are anticipating lay offs/ merging but there are positions listed - I am thinking of applying. What's the scoop?

What does the pipeline look like and are most of AZ's products going generic or do they have generic alternatives? Answering these questions should make your decision to look elsewhere obvious.

Can someone explain what Astra Zeneca refers to as a MCR and a MCL???? I read that you are anticipating lay offs/ merging but there are positions listed - I am thinking of applying. What's the scoop?

basically respiratory and cardio. People have been posting that the sky is falling and there will be layoffs since cafepharma started. Hasn't happened yet in any major way

MCR DSM here - I believe there will be a blending of these sales forces, but the people who need to be the least concerned are those who bring the most value - the PSS. Yes, I said it. My PSSs in aggregate are more valuable to AZ than me. I don't see the 500 docs in their call decks every week or 2 - they do. So, this thread started about the management structure, and yes, we will see reductions and changes. And rightfully so based on our portfolio in the primary care arena. While I am confident in what I offer to this organization, my primary goal is to ensure that everyone and anyone in a decision making capacity knows the value of the top members of my sales team.

And you will sacrifice your job, or any job, for the the PSSs on this site? All they deliver are backstabbing, viscous comments against their managers on this site. And please tell me - what rep has 500 providers on their call deck? Right. The only people that will be kept around will be those with few years in, lower salary - just like all the other pharma company cutbacks. Its called cheap, low-talent labor.

It was major. There were actually more cuts than had been announced or confirmed. In some areas it was anticipated, some areas had surprisingly fewer cuts (if no access why do positions remain) then more cuts in areas that were delivering the business.

And you will sacrifice your job, or any job, for the the PSSs on this site? All they deliver are backstabbing, viscous comments against their managers on this site. And please tell me - what rep has 500 providers on their call deck? Right. The only people that will be kept around will be those with few years in, lower salary - just like all the other pharma company cutbacks. Its called cheap, low-talent labor.

When I said 500 docs, that's an aggregate of all my PSSs. And no, I did not say I would sacrifice my job for them, I said the PSS is more valuable to AZ than the DSM in general terms. I have yet to receive a backstabbing or vicious comment on this site, but if I did, I would take it as feedback to check myself. I make a conscious effort to ensure my RSD, NSD, and ASD know by name and face my top reps. They've earned that extra effort and recognition and I only hope it helps in times of tough decisions. The rest I can't control.

Favoritism ruled in the '09 layoffs. That won't continue to happen as time goes on. so many will be laid off, including DSM's, they won't have time to speak up for their "friends." They will be too concerned with saving their own behinds. The '09 people should be happy they were let go when they were and received a severance and many have jobs by now.

When I said 500 docs, that's an aggregate of all my PSSs. And no, I did not say I would sacrifice my job for them, I said the PSS is more valuable to AZ than the DSM in general terms. I have yet to receive a backstabbing or vicious comment on this site, but if I did, I would take it as feedback to check myself. I make a conscious effort to ensure my RSD, NSD, and ASD know by name and face my top reps. They've earned that extra effort and recognition and I only hope it helps in times of tough decisions. The rest I can't control.

If this is true, whoever you are -wish we had more DSM's like this