• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Merger with Novartis

<

This is actually the second time I’ve heard this today. It doesn’t really make any sense because there are way too many competing products. But remember this is former in 2022 and anything is possible nowadays.

This is actually the second time I’ve heard this today. It doesn’t really make any sense because there are way too many competing products. But remember this is pharma in 2022 and anything is possible nowadays.

Novartis is going thru a transformation from the top down which includes laying off 8,000 plus globally. In addition, they are getting rid of some divisions. If not Amgen, maybe another company.

This is actually the second time I’ve heard this today. It doesn’t really make any sense because there are way too many competing products. But remember this is pharma in 2022 and anything is possible nowadays.

Competing products are in different livecycles, it makes a lot of sense from corporate finance view to increase shareholder value by financial engineering. Put mature, established products in Sandoz spin off, divest to private equity, kill products in R&D, lawyers, consultants will be happy to support to avoid antitrust issues.

Aw come on. It makes perfect sense. NVS wants to be in the top 5 in the US within a few years - the only way is to merge or acquire. As for competing products etc, there are as many complementary products in Amgen for example and monopoly laws will force the sale of double-ups. my bet is that we buy Amgen . Pfizer, Merck, Abbott are too big and Gilesd too niched.
Amgen is the right size. Remember, it has to be a US company , hence AZ etc is out

Aw come on. It makes perfect sense. NVS wants to be in the top 5 in the US within a few years - the only way is to merge or acquire. As for competing products etc, there are as many complementary products in Amgen for example and monopoly laws will force the sale of double-ups. my bet is that we buy Amgen . Pfizer, Merck, Abbott are too big and Gilesd too niched.
Amgen is the right size. Remember, it has to be a US company , hence AZ etc is out

You must know absolutely nothing about Amgen. Novartis is pharma. Amgen is biotech. We don’t make pharmaceuticals, we make biologics.

Also look at every company Amgen has acquired over the past decade- all small start ups. Amgen’s business model is not to merge with some massive pharma company, it is to build a pipeline of strong R&D with early and late stage molecules that focus on helping underserved patient populations.

Go pitch your silly NVS story to some other company that may want what you have to sell.

You must know absolutely nothing about Amgen. Novartis is pharma. Amgen is biotech. We don’t make pharmaceuticals, we make biologics.

Also look at every company Amgen has acquired over the past decade- all small start ups. Amgen’s business model is not to merge with some massive pharma company, it is to build a pipeline of strong R&D with early and late stage molecules that focus on helping underserved patient populations.

Go pitch your silly NVS story to some other company that may want what you have to sell.

Agreed and no merger. Behemoth Merck could easily acquire and love to get their hands on our bone, cardio, inflam, asthma, biosimilars. Keytruda alone will rake in nearly 20 billion FY this year, our entire gross sales is only 26 billion. With Keytruda patent expiry in a few years, bet they'd love pieces of our onc business too. We all know there are already plenty of ex-Merck people here at Amgen, ripe candidates for a smooth transition. There are so many out of place people at Amgen, it's too obvious. Moles who will decide what products to write off as a material loss, Merck loves this. They also favor reverse deals (SP 2009 deal) and would need to figure out our future tax liability. I'm simply guessing and sure this post will be removed.