• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Merck will ultimately ruin your life...suck your soul...

Anonymous

The problem with trying to make pharma sales a career, is that you quickly realize (assuming you have some intelligence) that the company could give a rat's ass about doing what is right for patient's health. They brainwash mostly younger people at their stupid rah-rah meetings and then when people getting older, smarter and more mature, Merck simply rids themselves of their new "problem." (ie. people that can expose the farce to the younger, and more naive reps.) The bad economy plays right into Merck's hands, and they can keep the charade going with wave after wave of layoffs...

Do yourself a favor and steer clear of Merck, or any other big pharma company for that mattter...What you don't realize, is that even though you think you are getting ahead with the above-average salary, you really are falling behind in your skills and marketability...

Merck will suck the life right out of you...and not even give you the courtesy of a reach-a-round.

<

yeah I read this board. entertainment purposes only. Like slowing down to gawk at a car wreck, I guess. I was let go from merck three years ago. Was it tough? Yep. Was I bitter for a while? You bet. Did it "ultimately ruin my life"? Hardly. "Suck my soul" ? C'mon. Get a life. Grow a soul. You know what happens to merck if you're not there? Same thing that would have happened to merck if you were still there. Think about it. Step back and get some perspective. Or you can sit on a corner with a sign around your neck that says: "merck ruined my life."

OP is correct. I work for another big pharma co and it is all the same damn thing because the consultants went from one to the other, and so on down the line with MBAs having infiltrated everywhere. Those that didn't get into PHARMA went to Wall St, or vice versa.

The problem with trying to make pharma sales a career, is that you quickly realize (assuming you have some intelligence) that the company could give a rat's ass about doing what is right for patient's health. They brainwash mostly younger people at their stupid rah-rah meetings and then when people getting older, smarter and more mature, Merck simply rids themselves of their new "problem." (ie. people that can expose the farce to the younger, and more naive reps.) The bad economy plays right into Merck's hands, and they can keep the charade going with wave after wave of layoffs...

Do yourself a favor and steer clear of Merck, or any other big pharma company for that mattter...What you don't realize, is that even though you think you are getting ahead with the above-average salary, you really are falling behind in your skills and marketability...

Merck will suck the life right out of you...and not even give you the courtesy of a reach-a-round.

reach-a-round. What's this mean?

yeah I read this board. entertainment purposes only. Like slowing down to gawk at a car wreck, I guess. I was let go from merck three years ago. Was it tough? Yep. Was I bitter for a while? You bet. Did it "ultimately ruin my life"? Hardly. "Suck my soul" ? C'mon. Get a life. Grow a soul. You know what happens to merck if you're not there? Same thing that would have happened to merck if you were still there. Think about it. Step back and get some perspective. Or you can sit on a corner with a sign around your neck that says: "merck ruined my life."

did you not understand or comprehend the original post? the point is that staying at Merck will ruin your life, not leaving it as you did...of course, Merck will not change regardless of whether a certain drug rep is there or not...

Sucking life from the soul? Maybe the body too!

Be well...an inspirational motto? Should apply to us too. Push yourself beyond human capabilites, multitask to exhaustion? Not a good thing. All machines can malfunction especially the more fragile "human" kind.

From what I see we are all frantic X10.

Time out is #1 choice for kids....works for big people too!! Dont be headed for major repair....smell the flowers, ride a bike, get some sun, chill out, play and rest this weekend
and often.....Rx for being well!