• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Merck seems to enjoy paying their employees for doing little to nothing...

Anonymous

What a company...What an industry....crazy...defies all rules of economics,
not to mention logic and reason...

Tons of middle managers, (CTLs, MGAMs, etc...) get paid for being able to
fog up a mirror...they get jobs for life for doing nothing....

at least the reps keep the delis of America humming along with food deliveries
to the offices...But the CTL and MGAM are for the most part, completely
worthless, not to mention outdated...

Yet, Merck continues to bestow crazy good salaries and benefits, and none
of these folks are going to blow the whistle on themselves...

I see Willie Deese and a bunch of others are dumping their stock...they're no
dummies...Capitalizing on a system that they have become experts at gaming...

<

We pay our execs very, very well for doing all kinds of things, though. Not that any of those things are good for this company… it's kind of like Congress, only less honest.

I actually enjoy the sideshow known as the CTL. We've got one that preaches compliance to our entire district and the entire state of Ohio knows for a fact he posts on this website. Plus - the guy is inept - culturally and professionally. And his jokes and sayings are dumb as well.

Someday when I have grandchildren I will have some interesting stories to tell- most of them not how to act and what a fool looks like.

I actually enjoy the sideshow known as the CTL. We've got one that preaches compliance to our entire district and the entire state of Ohio knows for a fact he posts on this website. Plus - the guy is inept - culturally and professionally. And his jokes and sayings are dumb as well.

Someday when I have grandchildren I will have some interesting stories to tell- most of them not how to act and what a fool looks like.

Oh yeah - MG in Columbus. His self-preserving posts are the obvious.

We pay our execs very, very well for doing all kinds of things, though. Not that any of those things are good for this company… it's kind of like Congress, only less honest.

When companies are run well everyone hops onto the gravy train for a ride. With money flowing in it doesn't take long for some smooth talking empty suit (or a bunch of them), finding their way into the conductors seat, and walla! a critical mass of incompetence is eventually reached, the train starts to derail, and we all find ourselves trapped on the Merck Disaster Express, with no one onboard in charge who has a clue how to fix things

What a company...What an industry....crazy...defies all rules of economics,
not to mention logic and reason...

Tons of middle managers, (CTLs, MGAMs, etc...) get paid for being able to
fog up a mirror...they get jobs for life for doing nothing....

at least the reps keep the delis of America humming along with food deliveries
to the offices...But the CTL and MGAM are for the most part, completely
worthless, not to mention outdated...

Yet, Merck continues to bestow crazy good salaries and benefits, and none
of these folks are going to blow the whistle on themselves...

I see Willie Deese and a bunch of others are dumping their stock...they're no
dummies...Capitalizing on a system that they have become experts at gaming...

Since the beginning of major field expansions Merck has compensated a very large number of incompetent reps to accomplish nothing but feed the medical and paramedical hoards. The bill is now coming due with the major downsizing that is to begin 2/28. The gravybowl in empty!