• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Merck OPH Drops the Ball Again

Anonymous

I'd like to be the first to thank upper management for letting Bausch & Lomb get bought by another company. We didn't need their product portfolio after all our OPH products are awesome. With no pipeline in OPH the future here looks great.

<

Valeant overpaid for B&L. Also, such a different business than OPH. Actually more in line with the Consumer Products division, so pharma Oph would not have benefitted much.

Good move to pass this one

Valeant overpaid for B&L. Also, such a different business than OPH. Actually more in line with the Consumer Products division, so pharma Oph would not have benefitted much.

Good move to pass this one

As much as it pains me, I agree with this sentiment. B & L was way over priced for the hand full of eyedrops that they have in their bag. This would have been another "Inspire" disaster of trying to meld the sale forces together. When are big companies going to get it that you can't force a round peg into a square hole?

As much as it pains me, I agree with this sentiment. B & L was way over priced for the hand full of eyedrops that they have in their bag. This would have been another "Inspire" disaster of trying to meld the sale forces together. When are big companies going to get it that you can't force a round peg into a square hole?

You are absolutely correct and would be yet another example of one loser company trying to overpay for another loser!

I hear AT has been riding with reps and getting them kicked out of offices.
Thanks for the help Andy!
Please.... stay home and do what ever it is that you do on a daily basis. Moving this product is hard enough.

You are absolutely correct and would be yet another example of one loser company trying to overpay for another loser![/QUOT

B&L has Nicox. That is what they were after.
If it pans out, it could be HUGE in the glaucoma market.

I just got a call about Nicox....does B&L own this company? Any insight on the comapny as a whole? Culture, Advancement, Benefits package etc.?

Inspire reps had an inside track, but it was a foolish move (and I'm former Inspire, so don't rag on those Pfizer reps...tired!) unless they needed a job desperately and who does? You're getting paid through end of the year. I am looking out of Ophthalmology and close to landing 3 jobs. Nicox has more product(s) the Oph will roll his/her eyes over. I guess if you're used to selling junky products like Z and C, and you feel you deserve nothing better, then go for it, sell a test for sjogrens lol. I even asked my Oph's and they stared back at me, speechless

Inspire reps had an inside track, but it was a foolish move (and I'm former Inspire, so don't rag on those Pfizer reps...tired!) unless they needed a job desperately and who does? You're getting paid through end of the year. I am looking out of Ophthalmology and close to landing 3 jobs. Nicox has more product(s) the Oph will roll his/her eyes over. I guess if you're used to selling junky products like Z and C, and you feel you deserve nothing better, then go for it, sell a test for sjogrens lol. I even asked my Oph's and they stared back at me, speechless

Ditto!!!