• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Medical exam pre employment

anonymous

Can anyone tell me what this is? I am working with a recruiter and she told me I have to take a medical exam. What is the world are they looking for? I'm healthy. Isn't that personal? Or are they looking for drugs?

<

This must be your first job in pharma as this is standard with all pharma companies. It includes a basic exam: eye, ear blood pressure/heart check up and most definitely includes drug screen. Keep in mind, you will be issued a company vehicle which carries liability on the part of the company.

That's just BS.......genetic screening! No company can discriminate for hereditary diseases. I can't remember exactly what the exam was since its been years, but I think it was pretty basic. And I think I peed in a cup....don't remember doing anything else

yes I am news to pharma so thanks. I guess that makes sense. Do you know what the drug screen is? Ive smoked some weed in Colorado and ate some candy.

9 panel urine drug test. The exam is nothing to worry about. Eye, hearing, BP very basic.
If you smoked pot or did Benzadiazipines that stay in you system for 6 weeks or more you will test positive. If you have prescription you will be contacted to provide it to a medical Dr. If not you will not be hired.