• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Medical Device Sales consultant Women's health

<

Any insight into salary range, territory size, patent life of the products, company culture?

Essure is under tremendous pressure from the FDA and consumer advocates, could get pulled from market this year. Lap tubal easier,safer.and better outcomes. Lay offs a real possibility in June.

Skyla has no real purpose or need to MDs or patients. Poor performance every year, like 70% of national goal.

Mirena is a great product, everyone loves it. Corporate says it sells itself so very little incentive pay. Even though Mirena takes most of your time and effort.

The previous post about product issues is spot on. Base more like 70-75k. Top 5% performers can make bank. Problem is, few of us even come close to goal. Realistic average bonus is 20k a year, some make way less.

Essure is under tremendous pressure from the FDA and consumer advocates, could get pulled from market this year. Lap tubal easier,safer.and better outcomes. Lay offs a real possibility in June.

Skyla has no real purpose or need to MDs or patients. Poor performance every year, like 70% of national goal.

Mirena is a great product, everyone loves it. Corporate says it sells itself so very little incentive pay. Even though Mirena takes most of your time and effort.

House bill would ban Bayer's Essure – MassDevice
http://www.massdevice.com/house-bill-would-ban-bayers-essure/

“The safety and efficacy of Essure is supported by more than a decade of science, as well as real world clinical experience"

Bayer is 100% full of bullshit! Conceptus rarely if ever reported adverse events. That is why: "the agency said it logged a nearly 1,400% spike in complaints filed over Essure in the last 3 years." Plus my RSM would prefer if we don't report AE's. She sure as hell doesn't report them when she is covering cases. Bayer is absolutely lying and endangering real lives, what a travesty. This story is going to be on 60 Minutes and I am scared.

What are all of the precious little Essure (Conceptus) Reps gonna do when Essure is pulled? They will be laid off !!! They can't sell. They don't work a full day. They whine like the little babies hat they are. They will wish they were IUD reps!!! If you think about it, Bayer WHC was a thriving business unit until Essure was acquired. If they would have left those babbling idiot reps behind and trained the Bayer WHC reps to sell Essure, it would be in a much better place right now. We know how to sell. Look at what we did with Yasmin, Yaz, and Mirena. We formed a bond with our doctors of trust. Only after Conceptus was purchased (and what a huge mistake it was) did the rift between Area Leaders and Regional Managers and Reps become so great. I used to pick up the phone and call my Area Manager. A lot of us did. We laughed together and they would remember our contributions in making Bayer great. Not so much anymore. Everyone is so uptight, anxious and nasty that they rule through intimidation. This is because of you Conceptus. We wish we would have never bought you even more than you wish it. As WHC reps...we heard the real story of you guys even before we cared. You were never our competition and you were never respected as much as you thought you were. Half of my docs didn't even know who their rep was. She never worked. She just had a few "high users" who made her quota...which was so damn low it was ridiculous. No wonder you hate Bayer.

“The safety and efficacy of Essure is supported by more than a decade of science, as well as real world clinical experience"

Bayer is 100% full of bullshit! Conceptus rarely if ever reported adverse events. That is why: "the agency said it logged a nearly 1,400% spike in complaints filed over Essure in the last 3 years." Plus my RSM would prefer if we don't report AE's. She sure as hell doesn't report them when she is covering cases. Bayer is absolutely lying and endangering real lives, what a travesty. This story is going to be on 60 Minutes and I am scared.

Is it really going to be on 60 Minutes??!! Lord help us. It is interesting how once a real compliant company took over Essure, AEs actually started to get reported.

Read this ^ before interviewing! This is the truth.