• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

MBA's Problem at AZ

Anonymous

While these people are intelligent academically,they deal with issues in theory,not practicality!Common sense has "left the house"with these people.While telling everyone who to call on,how many samples to leave,which docs are important,how many times to call on them,looks great on paper,IT IS NOT REALITY!EVERY territory is DIFFERENT!Stop spending time in your ivory towers,and get out in the real world,talk with the docs,and allow us the flexibility to work our individual territories as they need be!You MBA's aren't solving problems,you are creating them!!

I have never seen a situation where there was a position that I was interested in that I could not get because of a lack of a MBA. It's a silly couple of letters that some people like to display like a badge if honor. Seriously, what does taking a couple of marketing courses really get you in life?

I have never seen a situation where there was a position that I was interested in that I could not get because of a lack of a MBA. It's a silly couple of letters that some people like to display like a badge if honor. Seriously, what does taking a couple of marketing courses really get you in life?

Really? You probably don't get around much.

Same here! If someone is looking to move into an executive level position, MBA might benefit. But, any other level, BA is good enough. Reps or DSMs with MBA is not impresive, given the fact that the majority of field positions are filled by employees with Bachelors degree all doing the same thing.

Unless your MBA is from one of the top 10 schools, it means very little. I know of a person that AZ paid $10,000 towards their MBA, and laid them off in less than a year after they paid for it. Tell me, what kind of company thinks an employee is worth their paying $10k towards a degree, then lays them off 6 months later? Only at AZ!

Don't waste your money getting an MBA.

Folks these MBA post are so stupid. Who cares. An MBA means nothing to AZ or this economy/country. The only way to have a secure job or career in America is to have a specific specialty degree. ( i.e. Teacher, doctor, nurse, law, therapist, etc.). Pharma is over. AZ is over.
Years ago having an MBA, BA or BS meant you were guaranteed a career you can count on until you retire. That is no more. Skilled trades are the more secure fields. Heck your auto mechanic is happier the we are.

I cant believe any of you have an MBA. Only a bunch of morons would be arguing like this. Arent there more pressing issues out there to debate? Not in your small minded world I guess. You all need to get a life!!!

Folks these MBA post are so stupid. Who cares. An MBA means nothing to AZ or this economy/country. The only way to have a secure job or career in America is to have a specific specialty degree. ( i.e. Teacher, doctor, nurse, law, therapist, etc.). Pharma is over. AZ is over.
Years ago having an MBA, BA or BS meant you were guaranteed a career you can count on until you retire. That is no more. Skilled trades are the more secure fields. Heck your auto mechanic is happier the we are.

Agreed 1000 percent. No one cares. Put is out there. Don't put it out there. In this new economy and especially at AZ, no one gives a rat's ass. It will NOT ever get you a better job ANYWHERE. The guy who keeps posting and posting and posting is mentally ill. With everything there is to worry about in the world and at this company, this loser has chosen whether someone puts MBA beside their name. LOSER!!!! Get a life.