Looks like they pooped the bed again in Q1...

Anonymous

Q1 net income of $44.3 million versus $188.9 million Q1 last year....... That crack management team and capital sales force is really lighting it up. I am sure it is pure bliss around that place right now.

Drive the Curve....... I think somebody fell off the curve.

<

Q1 net income of $44.3 million versus $188.9 million Q1 last year....... That crack management team and capital sales force is really lighting it up. I am sure it is pure bliss around that place right now.

Drive the Curve....... I think somebody fell off the curve.

I love how they blame Obamacare. You are on your 4th generation robot and you are telling me you aren't selling worldwide? No one is buying robots globally anymore. Don't blame the anticipation of FDA approval of a new robot. The FDA doesn't approve the robot for global use. Those Q1 results tell how fundamentally bad this company is being managed.

Perfect April fools joke... Announce Xi... Watch stock soar to 540+... Watch JM, JA, and cronies sell off a few million shares (while every other employee is in blackout period).... Then pre announce poor earnings... Watch stock begin to dive... Then release abissmal earnings... Watch stock take total nose dive.

They blame Obama Care, affordable care act, and weather... Really!! Selling 2 million dollar robots are over. They got a lot of problems right now. It wouldn't surprise me to see this stock sub 100 in a year. A shorts Dream!!

The XI and SI will not do well. Numbers and procedures will continue to decline. Less expensive alternatives will be around the corner soon. The monopoly is over!

How the SEC has not investigated them is beyond me, this has the familiar stench of ENRON. Guess those lawyers that called us all into a room privately got what they needed to cover it up and prevent and investigation from finding out what was going on.

ISRG almost at 52 wk low. Sub 150 in a year. If they miss earnings next quarter, this stock is gonna hit rock bottom.

XI, SI? Not going to sell and having hard time upgrading from old to new. Don't have the instruments out. Launch was a complete debacle.

Procedures will continue to drop

And let's not forget about future competition!

My god what more bad news can one handle?

ISRG almost at 52 wk low. Sub 150 in a year. If they miss earnings next quarter, this stock is gonna hit rock bottom.

XI, SI? Not going to sell and having hard time upgrading from old to new. Don't have the instruments out. Launch was a complete debacle.

Procedures will continue to drop

And let's not forget about future competition!

My god what more bad news can one handle?

They are delusional about future competition. They constantly mention the capital costs are too high to start a new robotics company. Then how do you explain Tesla? It's not exactly cheap to start a new auto company in an established field. They did it.

As a 15 year Tyco/Covidien rep who has witnessed the impressive evolution of ISRG, I admit I have been completely wrong for the last 5 years and their continued growth minus the recent haircut on the stock price and quarterly earnings. I am a clinical junkie and read the majority of the clinical data that has published over the years which certainly legitimately questions the true merits and benefits of robotic surgery. In my territory (which is coastal and one of the most progressive in the U.S. for advanced surgery), robotics has virtually no single site or bariatric penetration which is apparently a company focus for future growth. What am I missing?

As a 15 year Tyco/Covidien rep who has witnessed the impressive evolution of ISRG, I admit I have been completely wrong for the last 5 years and their continued growth minus the recent haircut on the stock price and quarterly earnings. I am a clinical junkie and read the majority of the clinical data that has published over the years which certainly legitimately questions the true merits and benefits of robotic surgery. In my territory (which is coastal and one of the most progressive in the U.S. for advanced surgery), robotics has virtually no single site or bariatric penetration which is apparently a company focus for future growth. What am I missing?

I work inhouse and all the clinical stuff praising the robot is junk. We write up all this crap for our vip physicians to publish. The majority of the world has caught onto using gmail instead of corporate email so the fda will never figure it out. I think some physicians have figured us out and that's why there has been no penetration in certain fields.

I have seen a lot of Bariatric cases on daVinci and I simply don't see how it adds any value. The surgeon would be doing the case laparoscopically anyway, and (in this instance) he doesn't use the wristed instruments for any complex dissection or suturing.

I have seen a lot of Bariatric cases on daVinci and I simply don't see how it adds any value. The surgeon would be doing the case laparoscopically anyway, and (in this instance) he doesn't use the wristed instruments for any complex dissection or suturing.

DaVinci is actually contraindicated for overweight/obese patients so I'm not sure why they are even attempting to do bariatric cases. That one lawsuit against DaVinci that the company won highlighted how the surgeon shouldn't have used the robot on an overweight patient. We keep having surgeons try out doing bariatric cases but then cover ourselves saying it should be only used on low BMI patients. How is that legit?

DaVinci is actually contraindicated for overweight/obese patients so I'm not sure why they are even attempting to do bariatric cases. That one lawsuit against DaVinci that the company won highlighted how the surgeon shouldn't have used the robot on an overweight patient. We keep having surgeons try out doing bariatric cases but then cover ourselves saying it should be only used on low BMI patients. How is that legit?

What is the reason for the contraindication?

This is not true. The robot does not have a contraindication for obese patients. The issue w/ that case was the obese patient was in T-burg for too long and her pressures spiked. This would be an issue in any lap GYN case. It is not the da Vinci causing these deaths. A robot in poor hands is the issue. Proctors need to be more strict and force more proctored cases, if needed.

This is not true. The robot does not have a contraindication for obese patients. The issue w/ that case was the obese patient was in T-burg for too long and her pressures spiked. This would be an issue in any lap GYN case. It is not the da Vinci causing these deaths. A robot in poor hands is the issue. Proctors need to be more strict and force more proctored cases, if needed.

The procedure guides clearly state the recommended BMI. Even gastric recommends the robot to be used for a thin patient. Go look it up if you don't believe me.

The procedure guides clearly state the recommended BMI. Even gastric recommends the robot to be used for a thin patient. Go look it up if you don't believe me.

You're wrong. The only time we recommend low BMI patients is for surgeons early in the learning curve. That is what is stated in our guides.

You're wrong. The only time we recommend low BMI patients is for surgeons early in the learning curve. That is what is stated in our guides.

The word 'early' is very misleading. Google 'davinci steep learning curve' and you'll get tons of articles. Some of the best surgeons out there said it look them hundreds of cases to get proficient on the robot. Don't pretend you wait until a surgeon has done hundreds of cases before they operate on an overweight patient. Over half the US is overweight. Instead of using a vague term like 'early', it should be clear that after a certain number of patients it would be ok to operate on an overweight patient. But doing that means they would actually have to prove the point, which they can't do, hence why when they were at court they cited it was contraindicated for overweight patients.

The word 'early' is very misleading. Google 'davinci steep learning curve' and you'll get tons of articles. Some of the best surgeons out there said it look them hundreds of cases to get proficient on the robot. Don't pretend you wait until a surgeon has done hundreds of cases before they operate on an overweight patient. Over half the US is overweight. Instead of using a vague term like 'early', it should be clear that after a certain number of patients it would be ok to operate on an overweight patient. But doing that means they would actually have to prove the point, which they can't do, hence why when they were at court they cited it was contraindicated for overweight patients.

High BMI does not usually make for a complex da Vinci, unless the patient is in T-burg. It's actually easier, b/c you have more "real estate" to work w/ in placing your ports. Once inside, obese patients look no different than skinny patients. We recommend low BMI to start b/c those procedures will take longer, and those patients are obviously at a higher risk when under anesthesia for too long. Remember, the DOCTOR needs to make the clinical decision that if his patient is under for too long, he should probably make the executive decision to convert to open. Everyone keeps blaming Intuitive for these complications. No one blames the surgeon. This is NO different than the learning curve experienced when surgeons went from open to lap. No one complained then, b/c open procedures have higher complication rates than a patient who remains under anesthesia longer, but has an MIS lap procedure.