Life is good again

Anonymous

I have been with Genentech for about 18 months now. I came from another company and this organization was totally foreign to me. The least to say I have been struggling and thought nobody cared or was paying attention. I now am proud to be a part of this organization. My boss rode with me last week and at the end of the day we sat down for a debriefing. I really thought he wasn't concerned about me or my career but I was wrong. He had actually been thinking about me and came up with a plan to help guide me. He has outlined specific tasks and goals for me to obtain and even put times to achieve them by. I really like that he is holding me accountable and will be showing me more individual attention. Now we get to communicate more frequently by email and phone. I was thinking he didn't like me or care but now he is spending more time with me than anyone else on his team. In fact what he came up with to help me even said Performance Improvement Plan as the title or PIP for short as he nicknamed it. We went over the details and I'm excited to say the least. Now I have specific targets to achieve that, as he said, are meant to help me more systematically reach larger goals. He said that he was even holding himself accountable to my success so that is why the HR department was aware of his actions. He said he had failed me but with this tool, that would be a living document, that we would get back on track.

I am so excited and happy to work for an organization like this that would put this type of ongoing training and development into their people.

Life is good again

<

Oh my. The PIP is just a stick they use to beat you with. You are about to see how your failure to plan your goals and take the initiative of doing your managers job is your fault.
Expect this to be something negative on your next performance review.

Really you did not see the sarcasm in this idiotic post?! Boo Hoo to the OP, go out and work and get over yourself. If you really have been here only 18 months you must really be a screw up to be on a PIP already. Finally to the OP if this was a real post I feel sorry for how naive you really are.

I have been with Genentech for about 18 months now. I came from another company and this organization was totally foreign to me. The least to say I have been struggling and thought nobody cared or was paying attention. I now am proud to be a part of this organization. My boss rode with me last week and at the end of the day we sat down for a debriefing. I really thought he wasn't concerned about me or my career but I was wrong. He had actually been thinking about me and came up with a plan to help guide me. He has outlined specific tasks and goals for me to obtain and even put times to achieve them by. I really like that he is holding me accountable and will be showing me more individual attention. Now we get to communicate more frequently by email and phone. I was thinking he didn't like me or care but now he is spending more time with me than anyone else on his team. In fact what he came up with to help me even said Performance Improvement Plan as the title or PIP for short as he nicknamed it. We went over the details and I'm excited to say the least. Now I have specific targets to achieve that, as he said, are meant to help me more systematically reach larger goals. He said that he was even holding himself accountable to my success so that is why the HR department was aware of his actions. He said he had failed me but with this tool, that would be a living document, that we would get back on track.

I am so excited and happy to work for an organization like this that would put this type of ongoing training and development into their people.

Life is good again

Do you work for Tony Russo????

Oh my. The PIP is just a stick they use to beat you with. You are about to see how your failure to plan your goals and take the initiative of doing your managers job is your fault.
Expect this to be something negative on your next performance review.

My new boss say that only a "select few" get a PIP. Therefore, I feel honored and privileged. He say to not worry about what others say and that I should have kept this a secret. He told me that this is a secret between he and I and therefore I can no longer talk about this. He's a real special guy and I am so honored that I am working for him. So you can hate on me or not but I know that this extra attention will most likely result in big raise!

My new boss say that only a "select few" get a PIP. Therefore, I feel honored and privileged. He say to not worry about what others say and that I should have kept this a secret. He told me that this is a secret between he and I and therefore I can no longer talk about this. He's a real special guy and I am so honored that I am working for him. So you can hate on me or not but I know that this extra attention will most likely result in big raise!

Worst joke post ever.

The op is a loser who is reposting someone else's post, rewriting it for different boards. Or, this dumbshit is the original author and is so impressed with his own writing that he feels the need to post everywhere. Shaking my head at how pathetic you are. Here's a link to the same post I saw last year on the Pfizer board.

http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/showthread.php?t=538339

(Yes, and just like you I am going to copy and paste my own reply onto the Genentec, AZ, Sanofi and Novo boards so everyone will see what joke you are. Why, because I'm an asshole like that! Lol)

The op is a loser who is reposting someone else's post, rewriting it for different boards. Or, this dumbshit is the original author and is so impressed with his own writing that he feels the need to post everywhere. Shaking my head at how pathetic you are. Here's a link to the same post I saw last year on the Pfizer board.

http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/showthread.php?t=538339

(Yes, and just like you I am going to copy and paste my own reply onto the Genentec, AZ, Sanofi and Novo boards so everyone will see what joke you are. Why, because I'm an asshole like that! Lol)
I think you are the real loser. People obviously took this and posted it on all the boards just like "Diary of Pharmaceutical Rep". Remeber that one dumbshit? I am shaking my head at how pathetically you went out of our way about this. Am I to understand you are going to go to all these other boards you listed? Dude, do your job and stop obsessing about a post on CafePharma?

I think you are the real loser. People obviously took this and posted it on all the boards just like "Diary of Pharmaceutical Rep". Remeber that one dumbshit? I am shaking my head at how pathetically you went out of our way about this. Am I to understand you are going to go to all these other boards you listed? Dude, do your job and stop obsessing about a post on CafePharma?

I AGREE WITH YOU- THE DUDE THAT WASTED HIS TIME TO LOOK UP THIS POST AND NOW TELL EVERYONE ABOUT IT IS A TOTAL DOUCHE. HE MOST LIKELY FANTASIZES ABOUT DOING HIS MOM, TOO.

Life is good again

Why would you let your contentment in life come from a JOB?

Life is good. Life is tough at times too. There is a much higher purpose. A JOB is just a way to get shelter, food, clothing, and that is about it.

Same exact thread was posted on the pfizer board.. Clearly this is some pathetic idiot with no life posting the same things on multiple boards
I think you are the same person that has saw fit to go from board to board warning everyone about a post that gets a few laughs or smiles but really people don't care two shits either way. You really need more of a life.

Actually you AND poster #7 are the real loser dumbasses. The OP posted this almost a year ago --what a couple of morons

There is a person on this board that goes from post to post criticizing and critiquing everyone.

I’d like to share a revelation that I’ve had, during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify this person and I realized that he/she aren’t actually a poster. Every poster on this board instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you, you do not. You move from board to board and your negativity multiplies, and multiplies until every good post is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another board. There is another organism on posting boards that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A TROLL. Posters like you are trolls, a cancer of this board. You are a plague, and I am the the cure.