• Tue news: Merck's Keytruda stages comeback in head and neck cancer. GSK, Pfizer RSV vaccine sales fall. Astellas gene therapy bet. Extreme weather —>drug shortages. J&J discontinues bladder cancer drug. See more on our front page

Legacy Wyeth - Do You Get the Timing and Why Wyeth Was Never Integrated Into Pfizer

Anonymous

The timing for next weeks layoff notices coincides with the two year acquisition of Wyeth by Pfizer.

The 60 day WARN period will be set and under the terms of the original deal, lesser severance if Wyeth employees are cut after the 2-year anniversary date of October 15.

Pfizer kept Wyeth a seperate entity for a reason. Pfizer never promoted any Wyeth employees that have posted for positions the last 2-years. It would appear that a Legacy Wyeth bloodbath will occur allowing Pfizer to have completely gutted the company and purge itself of most of the retained workforce.

The Legacy Pfizer Lipitor Reps with good rankings will have the fewest cuts and be given new bag assignments at the expense of others. The higher ranked Celebrex and Lyrica Reps with tenure should also fare well.

Re: Legacy Wyeth - Do You Get the Timing and Why Wyeth Was Never Integrated Into Pfi

Wyeth severance agreements last until 10/15/2011. And yes, you're right Pfizer never integrated Pfizer into Wyeth because 99% of Wyeth was laid off, you dumbazz. Whatever Wyeth remained is now an extinct species in primary care.

Re: Legacy Wyeth - Do You Get the Timing and Why Wyeth Was Never Integrated Into Pfi

I am confused. So, if you are legacy Wyeth would you not prefer to be cut before October inorder to obtain the better package? I understand the Pfizer package is lesser than what Wyeth was offering. Please offer your perspective to relieve my confusion. Thank you very much.

I am confused. So, if you are legacy Wyeth would you not prefer to be cut before October inorder to obtain the better package? I understand the Pfizer package is lesser than what Wyeth was offering. Please offer your perspective to relieve my confusion. Thank you very much.

What packqage? I haven't seen any fucking package.

Factoring in the 60 day WARN period, you won't be officially terminated until after October 15. You will miss out on the more generous Wyeth severance package by one week. Get it?

Wyeth transition severance is 13 weeks, plus 1 week for every year of service. I understood the legacy Pfizer package to be better?

You people are so f-ing retarded! Pfizer has a better severence than Wyeth. Both are very easy to find on HR Source. F-ing Idiots

You people are so f-ing retarded! Pfizer has a better severence than Wyeth. Both are very easy to find on HR Source. F-ing Idiots

+1

The OP is wrong about everything. I know of a wyeth legacy who was promoted, but it is a rare occurrence. Considering Pfizer doesn't keep track of wyeth legacys' past numbers and rankings, it should be a rare occurrence for the first 2 years.

Plus, wyeth did not place such emphasis on ass kissing (e.g. leadership crap, volunteerism, self promotion with bullshit graphs and lame retreaded robotic selling ideas) to get promoted to a higher sales position. It was mainly based upon performance and staying under the radar, not standing on top of it screaming how great you are.

I've also noticed that many wyeth legacy had very high rankings in 2010 and now in 2011. Many led their districts. I hope they don't slam the handful that still remain. They've been through hell and back and have earned their spots.

Good luck to everone.

+1

The OP is wrong about everything. I know of a wyeth legacy who was promoted, but it is a rare occurrence. Considering Pfizer doesn't keep track of wyeth legacys' past numbers and rankings, it should be a rare occurrence for the first 2 years.

Plus, wyeth did not place such emphasis on ass kissing (e.g. leadership crap, volunteerism, self promotion with bullshit graphs and lame retreaded robotic selling ideas) to get promoted to a higher sales position. It was mainly based upon performance and staying under the radar, not standing on top of it screaming how great you are.

I've also noticed that many wyeth legacy had very high rankings in 2010 and now in 2011. Many led their districts. I hope they don't slam the handful that still remain. They've been through hell and back and have earned their spots.

Good luck to everone.

I am a Wyeth legacy rep. and your post couldn't have been more spot on! Makes you long for the old days of Wyeth.....a company that knew how to lead, develop and promote! Well said my friend, best post I have seen on this site!

I am a Wyeth legacy rep. and your post couldn't have been more spot on! Makes you long for the old days of Wyeth.....a company that knew how to lead, develop and promote! Well said my friend, best post I have seen on this site!

Blame Kindler-Poussot. BooHoo!

+1

Good luck to everone.

Why would you want to stay? This company is soooo f'd up. I am legacy King and praying to get laid off. What the hell keeps so many unhappy people here for such a long time. Are you that complacent that you have given up finding a job with a company where you can actually make a difference? I have never seen so much self-promotion in my 22 year career in this industry. Does anyone here give a shit about anyone but themselves? It is like a cult. Would all of you take poison if you were told to do so?

Why would you want to stay? This company is soooo f'd up. I am legacy King and praying to get laid off. What the hell keeps so many unhappy people here for such a long time. Are you that complacent that you have given up finding a job with a company where you can actually make a difference? I have never seen so much self-promotion in my 22 year career in this industry. Does anyone here give a shit about anyone but themselves? It is like a cult. Would all of you take poison if you were told to do so?

Don't worry Mr Legacy King, you'll probably get exactly what you want. Every King person I've ever run into (in state and out of state) have been leftover yahoos who would never succeed in a PFE environment.

Excellent questions.

I have been in many jobs and careers. I know what it is like in "soooo" many places I could tell you job horror stories that would make you thankful to be shat upon here at Pfizer.

With that said, I ask myself, "where else do I get such autonomy, benefits and high paychecks with a 6 mos. severance?" When I find the answer, then I will be like a laser beam going after it, because Pfizer is a clusterfuck and my DBM drives me insane. There are degrees of happiness and we must make smart sacrifices to attain them. Pfizer, for now, is another sacrifice.

Due to my experiences and limited wisdom, I know better, so I wait it out. That's the most honest answer I can give you.