• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

layoffs coming?

<

Yeah we just hired 2 new people under my manager too. This feels like a desperate attempt by a competitor to stir up FUD.
Our department in R&D is in a freeze. Our last hire was a month ago and people had to cancel their requests for new hires which stirred up a lot of people. Not FUD, just different departments.

Our department in R&D is in a freeze. Our last hire was a month ago and people had to cancel their requests for new hires which stirred up a lot of people. Not FUD, just different departments.

I dont claim to know what our R&D is working on in every department but maybe they company is mor leaning towards finding and buying new molecules then devoloping them?

AbbVie doesn’t intend to ever lay off anyone. They try their best to move people around or not backfill opening once someone leaves.

I can tell you this… Rinvoq is not doing well in a lot of the indications and some teams are very bloated with 3 reps per territory. If people quit - their spots won’t be backfilled. There should only be 2 reps per territory 1 for Rin and 1 for Sky.. that’s it. I suspect teams of 3 will dwindle to 2 and people who are in a Tri pod will be allowed to seek other jobs within AbbVie with no issues. Rin will not even come close to replacing H - it’s the safety that’s the hold back and in UC is second line bio therapy.

AbbVie doesn’t intend to ever lay off anyone. They try their best to move people around or not backfill opening once someone leaves.

I can tell you this… Rinvoq is not doing well in a lot of the indications and some teams are very bloated with 3 reps per territory. If people quit - their spots won’t be backfilled. There should only be 2 reps per territory 1 for Rin and 1 for Sky.. that’s it. I suspect teams of 3 will dwindle to 2 and people who are in a Tri pod will be allowed to seek other jobs within AbbVie with no issues. Rin will not even come close to replacing H - it’s the safety that’s the hold back and in UC is second line bio therapy.
In all indications it’s 2nd line behind biologics, not just UC.

Let’s be real, are all 3 reps in a tri-pod actually visiting 5 customers a day anyway? Who are we kidding entering fake calls