• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Layoffs again for sure

anonymous

People in the field are leaving as if there was a fire. In our franchise the new hires are still being hired by IQUVIA. My guess once again when they have to pay our shareholders their dividends alot of people will be let go again. Why don’t they size right once instead of being management and representative heavy and going through this again.

Neurology - rep heavy
Women’s Health rep heavy
GIC- rep heavy

Budgets are a joke, and expectations are unreal

<

People in the field are leaving as if there was a fire. In our franchise the new hires are still being hired by IQUVIA. My guess once again when they have to pay our shareholders their dividends alot of people will be let go again. Why don’t they size right once instead of being management and representative heavy and going through this again.

Neurology - rep heavy
Women’s Health rep heavy
GIC- rep heavy

Women’s health rep heavy?? WTF..that division has been bleeding out for the last few years. The Orilissa launch was one classic “shit the bed moment” for Abbvie

I’m interested to see the size and timing of the cuts.

They won’t touch the dividend unless they absolutely have to. That means enough executions to prop up the stock price.

Morning of Q2 earnings call sounds right. Biosims will continue to wreak havoc, recession fears will hit asthetics, imbruvica will continue to shrink, Rinvoq will continue to battle against class warning concerns. Skyrizi can’t do it all and is starting to break under the expectations. No major launches in sight.

Happy 2023-2025!

I’m interested to see the size and timing of the cuts.

They won’t touch the dividend unless they absolutely have to. That means enough executions to prop up the stock price.

Morning of Q2 earnings call sounds right. Biosims will continue to wreak havoc, recession fears will hit asthetics, imbruvica will continue to shrink, Rinvoq will continue to battle against class warning concerns. Skyrizi can’t do it all and is starting to break under the expectations. No major launches in sight.

Happy 2023-2025!
Time for little Ricky to move on. We need younger and visionary leaders not the Humira milkers. Clean house!

Neurology - rep heavy
Women’s Health rep heavy
GIC- rep heavy

I completely agree with this. They are beating us like slaves out here. With no work life balance. Even if our numbers are good. I heard awhile back that there may be a management reorg. But it never happened. I agree that there are too many reps calling on the same docs.

I don’t know why upper managements everywhere aren’t mortifyingly embarrassed when they “have” to lay off.

Like, isn’t your job supposed to be good organization and management of resources? If you have to layoff people and threaten their livelihood, that means you’re bad at your job and be replaced.

Be accountable to how awful you’re managing the company. How embarrassing for them that they’re showing the world that they can’t make shareholders money without cheating the system to make the books look good.

It’s not “just how it is,” they’ve gotten away with being bad at their jobs and redirecting the “blame” to the salesforces.

I don’t know why upper managements everywhere aren’t mortifyingly embarrassed when they “have” to lay off.

Like, isn’t your job supposed to be good organization and management of resources? If you have to layoff people and threaten their livelihood, that means you’re bad at your job and be replaced.

Be accountable to how awful you’re managing the company. How embarrassing for them that they’re showing the world that they can’t make shareholders money without cheating the system to make the books look good.

It’s not “just how it is,” they’ve gotten away with being bad at their jobs and redirecting the “blame” to the salesforces.
Direct your blame towards the board, first and foremost. Left to its own devices, executives will drive the Mercedes head-on into the desert until it runs out of gas, hand the keys to someone else, then have a helicopter waiting to take them somewhere safe. The board's job is to make sure that doesn't happen.

Direct your blame towards the board, first and foremost. Left to its own devices, executives will drive the Mercedes head-on into the desert until it runs out of gas, hand the keys to someone else, then have a helicopter waiting to take them somewhere safe. The board's job is to make sure that doesn't happen.
Still embarrassing for all involved. False sense of accomplishment that they can’t actually maintain anything. People who think layoffs are just part of the industry and okay it or offer it as a solution are failures

They got the MBA or MD or PhD and reap the rewards. They don’t care about the help.

I don’t like it, but it ALWAYS flows downhill.

It was always going to be hard. Abbott knew this and wanted out.

The patent thicket helped enormously, but not enough got launched and more than one of the launches were botched.

They will just keep buying and buying more stuff and hope something is bigger than it looks on acquisition. Eventually the debt will become crushing.

Legacy Allergan AbbVie employee and I don’t think layoffs are coming. Layoffs require rationalizing what makes sense for the business and a real money crunch. Abbvie has plenty of money so much that it never invested in developing managers that have the first clue how to rationalize what is good for the business, just a bunch of empire builders that will do fine for now bc there is no real money crunch.

Legacy Allergan AbbVie employee and I don’t think layoffs are coming. Layoffs require rationalizing what makes sense for the business and a real money crunch. Abbvie has plenty of money so much that it never invested in developing managers that have the first clue how to rationalize what is good for the business, just a bunch of empire builders that will do fine for now bc there is no real money crunch.

Share holders don’t like losing money. Either through straight up price drops or opportunity cost of having their money invested in a stagnant company. They will take their business elsewhere. Check out YTD stock price. How many more quarters are investors going to tolerate that.

They want more profit. Rick’s crew can decide where that comes from. But given they have nothing new to sell and 2-3 billion per quarter in humira erosion and 60 bil in allergen purchases debt, they are going to have to do something to satisfy the street.

And they will likely not be cutting the dividend. And repeating the same “by 2028 Skyrizi and Rinvoq will make a combined blah, blah, blah” isn’t true and isn’t going to cut it anymore.