• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Layoff

<

Which division? I wish. I am in R&D and have been begging for a severance package - anything - I am happy to go. I don’t fit in with this massive team. My career is going no where but my boss and hr keep telling me I am valued. I could quit but in other places I have worked when there is clearly fat and the company is not doing well, layoffs happen. I mean it’s the biggest LOE. Why not clean house? Everybody wins. What am I missing?

Which division? I wish. I am in R&D and have been begging for a severance package - anything - I am happy to go. I don’t fit in with this massive team. My career is going no where but my boss and hr keep telling me I am valued. I could quit but in other places I have worked when there is clearly fat and the company is not doing well, layoffs happen. I mean it’s the biggest LOE. Why not clean house? Everybody wins. What am I missing?
Same here. R&D begging for a severance package. Any idea on what the package looks like now? Is it comparable with the 2019 AGN one?

Six weeks of Compensation, plus one additional week of Compensation for each completed Year of Service, plus one-half week of Compensation for each full year by which the Eligible Employee’s age, as of the last day of active work, exceeds forty; provided, however, that (a) the maximum benefit payable for any Eligible Employee determined under the foregoing formula shall not exceed an amount equal to thirty-nine weeks of Compensation

Six weeks of Compensation, plus one additional week of Compensation for each completed Year of Service, plus one-half week of Compensation for each full year by which the Eligible Employee’s age, as of the last day of active work, exceeds forty; provided, however, that (a) the maximum benefit payable for any Eligible Employee determined under the foregoing formula shall not exceed an amount equal to thirty-nine weeks of Compensation

A shit package from a company that frequently touts itself as being one of the best companies to work for in America.

That package truly sucks. 6 weeks? It’s nearly impossible to find a comparable job in this field of sales!

Not so. The package was fine. I got cut in December and I’m still getting a check every 2 weeks through September. Plus I landed my new gig in February after multiple other opportunities- all in Pharma. The new job is amazing and I’ve been able to save almost all of the double dip money so don’t think getting cut is the end of the world; it’s the beginning.

Not so. The package was fine. I got cut in December and I’m still getting a check every 2 weeks through September. Plus I landed my new gig in February after multiple other opportunities- all in Pharma. The new job is amazing and I’ve been able to save almost all of the double dip money so don’t think getting cut is the end of the world; it’s the beginning.

It’s not the end of the world, but you never want to be negotiating for a new job from a position of weakness. Obviously can impact the signing bonus, title, and salary.

I’ve never been terminated, but I think technically severance is supposed to end when you get your new position. So double dipping may not work if Abbvie is aware. They probably only care at the executive level though.

Let's see if you get your wish