Layoff

42% of the total company, that's a lot of people.

Best to all. As you wind down please prepare for your final negotiation for severance.
A few notes:
* Severance agreements are negotiable
*.Past one off severance packages at AKebia you are aware of become a baseline for weeks severance for years of service.
* Additionally, any published severance policies can be used as a baseline for forthcoming severance. Beware of them diluting payouts per yes of service vs any published policies.
* WARN ACT, is a federal labor law that requires 60 days notice for mass layoff. If this is not met, they are required to pay the equivalent of 60 days salary / benefits / bonus
*. WARN payout is incremental to severance which can be anywhere from a baseline #weeks payment for all plus 2-4 weeks per year of service.
* Asking for prorated bonus, retention bonus to support transitional business is not unreasonable
*. DO NOT LET THEM LUMP WARN AND SEVERANCE INTO A TOTAL WEEKS PAYMENT FOR SEVERANCE AS IT MAY SEEM GENEROUS, THE 60 DAY WARN PAYMENT IS REQUIRED BY LAW
* Prep for your most important negotiation that benefits YOU.!

So, what was the process? I'm asking because my company is about to go through the same thing. Did you all just get paid the 60 days (or whatever severance) and are already done working? Are they waiting until the 60 days is up to tell you who is getting laid off? Please don't bash me for asking. I'm sorry for all of you that lost your jobs.