LANX spine

Anonymous

How's LANX doing in the spine world? I know they're not a major player but is there a decent future with them as a rep?

It sounds to me that their Aspen device is about all they got, true?

<

Yes- Aspen is it for Lanx and it still has no outcome based science behind it, just seens like a good idea. They have been selling it for 4 years - there are reasons that no studies have been made public.

In fact they just eliminated their clinical research department. I also understand that they also just eliminated their training department- all training is done by an ex distributor rep who reports to Operations.

Their other "me to" products are almost at the "me to" level, but still not there.

95% of their sales & field support management people are terminated on a bi annual basis (used to be annual). So do not ever sign a non compete as you will be looking for a new job before you know it.

it is interesting to note that almost all the companies coming out with Aspen knock offs have x-Lanx people running the product, the people that established the Aspen product.

Lanx has gone through distributors and sales folks like poop through a goose so there are plenty of pissed off knowledgable people bent on vengence. Strong motivator.

The company is currrently run by VC money/MBA guys who think they know better then long term spine people. Virtually no one has been there, in management, for even three years.