Lab/Diagnostic sales vs medical device sales

<

I have done both.
Problem is that insurance companies do not want to pay and create all kinds of barriers.
Labs (particularly DNA) is becoming more and more difficult.

In my opinion, diagnostic and preventative medicine are the future as we move away from the fee for service model. I sell surgical devices, and people will always need surgery, but surgery is also very expensive. If there are early diagnostic tools or other technologies that will keep even a small percentage of patients out of the OR, it will have a huge economic impact on health systems and insurers. I don't know how far out we are from this, but it will be an economic reality sooner than later.

From my perspective, health systems are demanding best pricing and service regardless of their business volume, and some are even requesting risk sharing proposals from vendors on the cost of complications, readmissions, etc. This shit would have been unheard of just a few years ago. Times they are a changin...

Problem is that there are more and more lab diagnostics companies out there with one or two little products. But how do you access the physicians? Samples are key to seeing docs. Otherwise you're walking in and out of offices and just seeing a bunch of gatekeepers with no way to get past.