• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Kick off call gift?

<

I missed the call but i heard theyre giving us

400 giftcard
Week of juky 4th off
Unlimited pto

Is this true??,

Before you get too excited about that vacation policy, read the entire policy on the HR site. There's an interesting detail in there. Maybe it's the conspiracy theorist in me, but the fact that Novo as of jan 1 no longer has to payout unused vacation for displaced employees makes my 'Spidey sense' go off.

Oh, and yes, skin-side down first for properly seared fish. Come on, man! Patted dry and heavily seasoned with salt is essential, I will give her that, and I actually liked that spot on the call. I thought the chef and the trainer both did a good job.

Salmon is nice and easy: hot non-stick pan, a few tsp of olive oil, wait until smoking. Salmon filets have been left out for a bit to warm up, pat dry a few times with paper towels and then season on both sides (heavier w salt) just before dropping skin-side first. Let sit 3, 4, 5 minutes depending on size. Watch the color in the middle of the filet. Flip and cook another minute tops on other side. Never sauce on top, always on plate underneath with sides. Thank me later bitches when your family is fawning over you.

P.s.- BAM!

Is it the requires Manager Approval Part?

Look at the policy on HR site. It clearly states that as of jan 1 Novo will no longer have to payout on unused vacation for displaced employees. Could this be the reason for the change? To me it just doesn't make sense that a new hire now has as much vacation time as someone who has been here for 20 years. I don't really care either way anymore, just pointing out a detail I noticed.

Look at the policy on HR site. It clearly states that as of jan 1 Novo will no longer have to payout on unused vacation for displaced employees. Could this be the reason for the change? To me it just doesn't make sense that a new hire now has as much vacation time as someone who has been here for 20 years. I don't really care either way anymore, just pointing out a detail I noticed.

this is 100% the reason they changed it. Unused PTO is a financial liability for the company and they just zeroed it out. If you had 20 days of PTO, that is actual money in your pocket. Now, poof...it’s gone. Combine that with the fact that studies have shown that people take FEWER vacation days when a company switches to unlimited and the point you raised about disincentivizing tenure, this is a total Trojan horse from HR.

Make no mistake, this is a bottom line play and not an employee well-being play.

PS: I will continue to take ALL of the vacation time I used to be entitled to. I recommend everyone do the same.

this is 100% the reason they changed it. Unused PTO is a financial liability for the company and they just zeroed it out. If you had 20 days of PTO, that is actual money in your pocket. Now, poof...it’s gone. Combine that with the fact that studies have shown that people take FEWER vacation days when a company switches to unlimited and the point you raised about disincentivizing tenure, this is a total Trojan horse from HR.

Make no mistake, this is a bottom line play and not an employee well-being play.

PS: I will continue to take ALL of the vacation time I used to be entitled to. I recommend everyone do the same.
I agree. I will use my vacation time that I have earned and take sick/wellness as needed.