Ken time to clean ur house....it's embarrassing

<

Doesn't embarrassing sum up things at Merck? Embarrassing can be said about so much at Merck.

The real embarrassment is how Ken and the boys sold out their integrity to the Devil (Obamafraud) and with it eventually your job. Don't waste your time worrying about a company that cares not an iota about anything but themselves. I worked many years in W.PT and UG and have ovserved it all - scum of the earth.

After spending over 8.5 Billions in R&D in 2012 this has become an embarrassment!

Time to take immediate action and get rid of dead wood that surrounds you.

Merck execs struggle with growing uncertainty over late-stage R&D
February 5, 2013 | By John Carroll

http://www.fiercebiotech.com/story/.../2013-02-05?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal

R&D are all a bunch of 15x15 guys. They are incompetent, ineffective and a waste of space. A total welfare colony. This started 10 -15 years ago when we stopped hiring the best. Now we have a bunch of idiots that should be flipping burgers.

Empires always fall over time. The empire that was Merck has fallen. Is this not apparent to everyone? When this happens, the ruling class must focus on taking care of only themselves as history has repeatedly shown. Get the picture?

The whole group is full of old ideas and management styles. Even the newcomers have brought old-establishment ideas from their respective antiquated behemoth companies. Time for new, your, dynamic, innovative blood. Not just in R&D but business, finance, HR, IT

this even a better post from someone who loves to pick on merck because he thinks we are stupid and easy to poke fun at....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewherper/2013/02/08/merck-delay-draws-wall-street-ire/

From the Forbes article: "Cowen suggests that Merck might be able to switch to a “backup compound,” another molecule in clinical development that it hasn’t talked about. That could eat up years more of development time."

I doubt this will be the case for odanacatib because it WAS the case for Januvia. When the initial compound showed a rare cancer in animals while the human Phase III trials were going on the immediate action was to close all in progress DPPIV (I think it was MK767) trials and go to the back up that became Januvia. It was an immediate course of action.

In this case, they are continuing the extension study. In the best of circumstances a back up would just make the filing late if they wait to even try it until the current study closes.

The whole group is full of old ideas and management styles. Even the newcomers have brought old-establishment ideas from their respective antiquated behemoth companies. Time for new, your, dynamic, innovative blood. Not just in R&D but business, finance, HR, IT

I think 30 years ago we hired the best in class. They were dynamic and free thinkers. Around 15 years ago we went with second rate players. Now those people are managers and we continue to hire second and third stringers. Any company is only as good as the people they hire. The smaller companies hire better than us now. The top talent wants nothing to do with us. We have too much overhead to be an average company.

I think 30 years ago we hired the best in class. They were dynamic and free thinkers. Around 15 years ago we went with second rate players. Now those people are managers and we continue to hire second and third stringers. Any company is only as good as the people they hire. The smaller companies hire better than us now. The top talent wants nothing to do with us. We have too much overhead to be an average company.

Having worked for other companies one thing I've noticed is the overburdens of nitty gritty here. Emails from every direction, complex policies, inadequate forewarning or notice when things are due, insufficient training downtime and too much mother hen-ism...

So many smaller companies have different approaches...less of all the above and more flexibility. Funny, but you would think a more "sophisticated operation" as we're suppose to be would not be engaging in all this....or perhaps its is simply because we are so sophisticated that manusha reigns supreme?

Actually, I beg to disagree a bit. Many people hired ago were best in class at the time because a lot of the industry was still developing. While the rest of the industry learned, experimented, and took risks, many of those same people hired 20 and 30 years ago are still at Merck. They rose to high levels but have not learned anything new.

Any time someone came from the outside with new ideas, they were simply quashed as "not being the Merck way". Well the Merck way, managed by old-schoolers is way old. bureaucratic, and so scared of taking any risks. What a shame

Actually, I beg to disagree a bit. Many people hired ago were best in class at the time because a lot of the industry was still developing. While the rest of the industry learned, experimented, and took risks, many of those same people hired 20 and 30 years ago are still at Merck. They rose to high levels but have not learned anything new.

Any time someone came from the outside with new ideas, they were simply quashed as "not being the Merck way". Well the Merck way, managed by old-schoolers is way old. bureaucratic, and so scared of taking any risks. What a shame

I notice that when someone does come from the outside some of the big wig peers tend to get ojeda. Managers may welcome you in but some of those 20 somethin' year reps can cast their vibes upon you...I won the place, I get my way, get lost! You see them buzzin' around, pushin' their bull on all the lesser tenured, lesser titled who may just have a little somthin' they set their eyes on...They dont want to know (or admit) their big deal image would not impress anybody if they started fresh in another company..In fact it's highly doubtful if they could even get to where they are today if they were starting at the same entry point as any newbie....in the end their hot air on steroids!