Januvia/Janumet is still kicking our A$$

Anonymous

What are we supposed to do? Heard from a Merck rep today that they are getting $5 coupons which last for a year. Janumet XR is coming soon also...What the hell are we going to do? I am probably going to lose my job anyway so i have been begging Dr.'s to write. It is borderling embarrassing. Dr.'s are talking behind our backs and the competition is laughing at us.

What are we supposed to do? Heard from a Merck rep today that they are getting $5 coupons which last for a year. Janumet XR is coming soon also...What the hell are we going to do? I am probably going to lose my job anyway so i have been begging Dr.'s to write. It is borderling embarrassing. Dr.'s are talking behind our backs and the competition is laughing at us.

Hah, go back to your own boards Merck troll.
Our NRX are growing 5 to 1 vs Januvia/Janumet. You may have more existing scripts, but you are not getting much in the way of new scripts. If our growth continues, we will catch up to you in volume by the end of 2011.
Nobody is laughing, Ask your doctors about how Onglyza is working and they will tell you its working just fine. You are all just scared and you should be.
Do you have some high volume guys who love Januvia, sure. But we do too, and we are growing like crazy. In my area alone, we went from 11% to 17% market share, while Januvia fell from 34 to 32%. It won't be long before we catch up and maybe pass.

Oh ya, and nobody is going to lose their job now, if they made it through yesterday, we are good for at least 3 years. And Janumet XR will be LUCKY to be on the shelves by Christmas. By then we will dominate the DPP-4.

But good luck to you, DPP-4 is a great class and there is plenty of room for us.

Hah, go back to your own boards Merck troll.
Our NRX are growing 5 to 1 vs Januvia/Janumet. You may have more existing scripts, but you are not getting much in the way of new scripts. If our growth continues, we will catch up to you in volume by the end of 2011.
Nobody is laughing, Ask your doctors about how Onglyza is working and they will tell you its working just fine. You are all just scared and you should be.
Do you have some high volume guys who love Januvia, sure. But we do too, and we are growing like crazy. In my area alone, we went from 11% to 17% market share, while Januvia fell from 34 to 32%. It won't be long before we catch up and maybe pass.

Oh ya, and nobody is going to lose their job now, if they made it through yesterday, we are good for at least 3 years. And Janumet XR will be LUCKY to be on the shelves by Christmas. By then we will dominate the DPP-4.

But good luck to you, DPP-4 is a great class and there is plenty of room for us.

What are you smoking? Ong gets 22% of new DPP-4 rxs, which means Jan still gets 75%+.

What are you smoking? Ong gets 22% of new DPP-4 rxs, which means Jan still gets 75%+.

I think they are talking about Brand diabetics. You can't have 17 and 32 = 100% so clearly its not DPP-4 only market. But in brand only, NRX I would agree, big gain for onglyza and slight dip or flat for Januvia. TZDs are also loosing market share. I think Injectable are doing fairly well but still a low % of market share.

Based on global revenue, as seen here, Januvia/Janumet is absolutely killing it. Sorry BMS and AZ.

The other "competition" is from Novartis, who managed to generate $391 million in ex-US sales, but without FDA approval it obviously doesn't seem like a credible threat.

It's quantified pretty well on this new post: http://pharmapricing.org