• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Is the doom and gloom about lillys demise over the top?

Anonymous

Simple question

I known one swallow doesn't make a summer but the success of dulaglutide shows that the company is a lot further from death as some would have yoi believe?

Moreover in spite of a lot of failures does it not show that not everything in the pipeline is a croc?

<

Hmmmm..... with respect to the op it says a lot about the mindset around here when No one is willing to say anything positive about the company's future prospects.

The IMCLONE monoclonal antibodies will save the day.

If it wasn't for our corporate jets, the deal never would have happened, after all.

Hmmm 6,000,000,000 divided by, let's say 100k/job, mmmm that's 10,000 employees' annual salaries.

Coincidence? I think not.

The IMCLONE monoclonal antibodies will save the day.

If it wasn't for our corporate jets, the deal never would have happened, after all.

Hmmm 6,000,000,000 divided by, let's say 100k/job, mmmm that's 10,000 employees' annual salaries.

Coincidence? I think not.

Okay the first bit is straightforward; you seem to believe that the IMCLONE purchase will bear fruit (otherwise you are being facetious).....as for the rest of this post what are you trying to say?

Okay the first bit is straightforward; you seem to believe that the IMCLONE purchase will bear fruit (otherwise you are being facetious).....as for the rest of this post what are you trying to say?

One mistake can ruin a lot of careers.

Wall Street will get it's dividend no matter what.

The antibodies are a futile effort. See the latest UCLA press releases.

Why do you not admit a colossal mistake?

One mistake can ruin a lot of careers.

Wall Street will get it's dividend no matter what.

The antibodies are a futile effort. See the latest UCLA press releases.

Why do you not admit a colossal mistake?

For sure the IMCLONE buyout has not produced results as one might have hoped "yet" but the company is expanding biotechnology manufacturing capacity at the moment. They would hardly do that if all of the candidate therapies are all dead ducks, would they?

For sure the IMCLONE buyout has not produced results as one might have hoped "yet" but the company is expanding biotechnology manufacturing capacity at the moment. They would hardly do that if all of the candidate therapies are all dead ducks, would they?

I suppose maybe saying "biotech" will pump up the buy side analysts on Wall Street, or maybe it has in the past because Amgen and the like made tons of money on Epo and the like.

But, those days are over. It's all very sexy, but...

Novo is kicking our ass in diabetes, and that's all the biotech we really have.

Get a clue, VPs. Get a clue, John. You outsourced everybody worth anything.

Best guess, restructure the company into something remotely resembling potential, from pieces near and far. But I won't tell you how, you never paid me enough, never treated me fairly, in fact, this is my last free advice, sayonara.

Maybe LCC can serve as a homeless shelter?

I suppose maybe saying "biotech" will pump up the buy side analysts on Wall Street, or maybe it has in the past because Amgen and the like made tons of money on Epo and the like.

But, those days are over. It's all very sexy, but...

Novo is kicking our ass in diabetes, and that's all the biotech we really have.

Get a clue, VPs. Get a clue, John. You outsourced everybody worth anything.

Best guess, restructure the company into something remotely resembling potential, from pieces near and far. But I won't tell you how, you never paid me enough, never treated me fairly, in fact, this is my last free advice, sayonara.

Maybe LCC can serve as a homeless shelter?

LCC will become a vast PO box where the subpoenas will be sent, along with the vast array of value-added intellectual property Notice of Allowance(s), sprung fresh from the mind of jCl, such as: "A Process for Converting $US 6 billion Into Pharmaceutically Acceptable Compost Salts, Solvates and Hydrates Thereof"