• Mon news: Novartis Kisqali breast cancer trial. ESMO news: Bayer, Bristol Myers, Regeneron and more. Biosecure Act fallout. Boston Scientific/Silk Road merger. See more on our front page

IS SUN EXPLOITING CHILDREN IN ITS TV AD ????

anonymous

So Sun’s classless ad supposedly makes a play on words:

The setting for the ad is the family dinner table (mom, dad, teen girl, teen boy, younger girl). The camera is on the teen girl’s face when she teen says ‘the reason I’m breaking out is because I have all this ‘see-(bleeped out) um’ on my skin. The teen boy then excitedly proclaims ‘I’m just swimming in ‘see-(bleeped out) um’… then the little girl repeatedly yells ‘see-(bleeped out) um.

It’s supposed to be a play on words where you’re led to believe each of the kids are saying SEMEN. But it’s ‘supposed to be’ sebum, which occurs on your skin.

It’s gross, completely classless.

CAN YOU BELIEVE SUN IS USING CHILDREN IN A TV SCENE WHERE THEY’RE PORTRAYED AS HAVING SEMEN ON THEIR SKIN, OR THAT THEY’RE ‘SWIMMING IN SEMEN’ ???

IS THIS FOR REAL ?

ANY EMPLOYEE SHOULD BE ASHAMED AND THEY SHOULD CALL FOR AN IMMEDIATE PUBLIC APOLOGY. SUN ISSUED A PRESS RELEASE ON THIS SO THEY SHOULD ALSO ISSUE AN APOLOGY!

TAKE A STAND PEOPLE, WHAT KIND OF COMPANY DO YOU WORK FOR ?

The setting for the ad is the family dinner table (mom, dad, teen girl, teen boy, younger girl). The camera is on the teen girl’s face when she teen says ‘the reason I’m breaking out is because I have all this ‘see-(bleeped out) um’ on my skin. The teen boy then excitedly proclaims ‘I’m just swimming in ‘see-(bleeped out) um’… then the little girl repeatedly yells ‘see-(bleeped out) um.

It’s supposed to be a play on words where you’re led to believe each of the kids are saying SEMEN. But it’s ‘supposed to be’ sebum, which occurs on your skin.

CAN YOU BELIEVE SUN IS USING CHILDREN IN A TV SCENE WHERE THEY’RE PORTRAYED AS HAVING SEMEN ON THEIR SKIN, OR THAT THEY’RE ‘SWIMMING IN SEMEN’ ???

IS THIS FOR REAL ?

ANY EMPLOYEE SHOULD BE ASHAMED AND THEY SHOULD CALL FOR AN IMMEDIATE PUBLIC APOLOGY. SUN ISSUED A PRESS RELEASE ON THIS SO THEY SHOULD ALSO ISSUE AN APOLOGY!

This company has no moral compass.

IS THIS FOR REAL ?

I just watched the video. There’s no doubt the whole intent is to grab your attention by having you think the 3 children in the ad are saying Semen. Vulgar.