• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Is MVP the biggest joke of an award at Lilly?

anonymous

Lmao

Manager’s edit the votes to make who ever they want to be the MVP. I have asked my DM to make the votes public but he won’t do it. Wonder why? Then managers can’t manipulate the MVP vote and people will have accountability for the way they vote.

Think about this. A teammate busts their butt to help the team be better, has very very good performance and then gets to see exactly which teammate voted for someone else simply because they “have a good personality.” That puts pressure on people to vote the right way and keeps managers from giving it to someone to make them feel good or just because they like them.

We had someone get an MVP vote because they “have a good personality.” Lol. Not because they made our team better, not because their performance was great, not because of their activity on our team but because they “have a good personality.”

Only at Lilly can you win and be successful without trying lol. It’s tough to take this company very seriously

<

Completely agree. Had one manager fix the votes every quarter. Same person kept winning yet half the team talked and hasn’t voted for her. She ended up winning presidents council and was barely working. Her partner was doing all the work.

Yes. Yes it is. No one takes it seriously. We will say it’s important but managers choose who they like, who they want promoted, etc. We have all caught our manager editing our responses.

Lilly has been doing this for years! I’m so glad that I was reallocated in 2013! There are so many Pharma companies better than Lilly. You don’t know how bad it is here until you get the opportunity to leave! Trust me!

Lilly has been doing this for years! I’m so glad that I was reallocated in 2013! There are so many Pharma companies better than Lilly. You don’t know how bad it is here until you get the opportunity to leave! Trust me!

Lots of politics involved. MVP definitely does not mean you were the MVP.

Stupid award anyway. Lilly has many problems with their awards system & most of it involves politics & not truly performance based

Lots of politics involved. MVP definitely does not mean you were the MVP.

Stupid award anyway. Lilly has many problems with their awards system & most of it involves politics & not truly performance based

Some divisions are worse than others. Derm has people leaving in droves esp in the west. DSM’s vote for DSM friends to have their reps win. It’s the joke of the company and meaningless. Reps would do a more honest job voting.

Some divisions are worse than others. Derm has people leaving in droves esp in the west. DSM’s vote for DSM friends to have their reps win. It’s the joke of the company and meaningless. Reps would do a more honest job voting.

Yes. Very political. Some managers have more pull with other managers. Sucks but it’s true.
And reps vote just as badly as the DMs do. They vote for friends and there’s lots of jealousy

super lazy, yet gets promoted. But hey that’s what the manager wanted . You are welcome.

super lazy, yet gets promoted. But hey that’s what the manager wanted . You are welcome.

That’s the Lilly way. Kiss up to other managers or they don’t vote for you. It’s not based on performance or impact.

MVP voting is something that no one takes seriously. Even the DOS know it’s has no meaning, it just makes people mad

How else would you explain the most under qualified group of management? My manager is the most incompetent person I have ever met. I cringe when he speaks. The idea that this moron decides who a MVP is explains why the cycle of idiots exists.

A good manager should appoint twerps to collect the votes, tabulate them and then give them the name of the winner. That’s an honorable option however since this isn’t a honorable company pretend to be a continue to let the manager select the rep they want to promote and add this prestigious MVP award to their over inflated resume!

They need to get rid of this juvenile popularity contest that isn’t even fair and promote Reps on what they are paid to do - - Sales Results! Oops, we all know NO ONE a sells anything and everything is a smoke and mirrors of fake calls and do nothingness. In our heart of hearts from Director to manager to rep, we ALL know this current Sales model was outdated in 1995 and at the end of the day, meaningful interactions are minimal while fake calls are the norm throughout all sales sleeves with the exception of Oncology, Rheum, Derm, Neuro, Diabetes.... who cannot access ANYONE!

Best part of MVP is when the ‘winner’ posts it on LinkedIn. Then they go on to say how PROUD they are and how HARD they worked. In reality, it was just dumb luck and your manager happens to either LIKE your or is SLEEPING with you. It’s such an embarrassing joke and I laugh when I see it posted. People are just starved for attention ‘look at me and how awesome I am...’. Daddy didn’t love you enough is my diagnosis.

Before asking if I’m jealous, please refrain. I am a 6 time winner. Nothing to be jealous about. I also don’t go posting that crap on social media

I also don’t like the posting on social media. Not cool and far past humble. Think it’s arrogant and conceited. I have been a winner too over the years and don’t need to broadcast my awards.