• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Is Merck in hiring freeze now?

<

No. Merck is not in a hiring freeze. They are in a 12-year-long downward spiral, during which more than 80,000 employees have been axed, the corporate HQ shuttered and vacated, the pipeline decimated...and we paid our "managers" billions of dollars to do it all. Dumba$$.

merck is hiring, but only the "right" people.
We have not hired the right people in over twenty five years. Seventy five percent of hires were only targeted as suiting government cutouts. Poorly educated, verbally innept and totally lacking ambition.
The company has now had the chickens return to roost!

I would say that I can't believe anyone here is dumb enough to pose the OP's question, but I actually find it very easy to believe. We shove out God-only-knows how many tens of thousands of employees and an incredibly dumb 'hiring freeze" question is posed? What are you, clinically retarded?

I can state with certainly that not only is a freeze on except for Oncology but that there will be 2200 terminated in the first six months of 18. Oh by they way none of those let go will be considered for Oncology. No deliscum accepted!
This must refer to all employees. We don't have 2200 reps left.